5'10 and approx 274lbs ... wanting to loose approx 100lbs and looking for people on the same journey

Options
Hey Everyone,

first off, thanks for clicking on this post (yay :) )
My name is Laura and I am a proud mommy of a 9 month old beautiful boy named Ryan. I am happily married and been with my hubby for almost 6 years. I have always had a weight issue but before I was pregnant i had lost 48lbs and was on a great path. I lived in a small town and had two friends who were personal trainers and who i worked out with all the time... now fast forward ... we moved ... i gained all the weight back and some ... had a baby... now I am at the heaviest I have been in my entire life. I am currently on this new healthier lifestyle to better myself and to be the best mom I can be to Ryan. I log everything and love checking in on peoples pages, diaries and the message boards. I would love some more friends and support on here especially those who are around the same goals as mine ! right now my September goal is to lose 5lbs and then each month I plan on coming up with small term goals in hopes to reach my MASSIVE goal of being under 200lbs which has not happened in YEARS upon YEARS!

Anyways, if you are looking for a friend and support partner then please add ! I love to support but I also desperately need the motivation and support as well!!

Laura

Replies

• stewratz
    stewratz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I'm on a very similar journey. I'm 5'3", 240-some pounds, and have a goal of losing over 100 lbs. I am trying to reach out and add friends here on MFP, because I like feeling held accountable. I'd be happy to add you, and help support your journey!
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Becca. I'm 5'11" and started at 302 pounds. I am now around 228 and still losing. Feel free to add me, I log every day.
  • nicoleyoung1986
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in a similar situation I have a two year old daughter and a husband of 4 years am at my heaviest I have lost 25 pds so far I'm around 5'9 and am 295 currently. I have been logging everyday add me if you want
  • slashbayouboergoats
    Options
    Please add me. Right now wanting to get under 200 too
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 510 and I was 260...now 219. I would like to lose another 50 ish pounds and see how I feel.. add me if you like!:)
  • paulocacciari
    paulocacciari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, I'm 5'10 and was 273 pounds one year ago now 242 and fighting for lose more 35 pounds. I have this battle everyday with exercises and dietary and I'm here to help and give you motivation if you need. Be strong!
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am a little under 5'5" and at my heaviest was 314!! Last year starting 3/24/15 I embarked on the journey of losing the weight. Well, fast forward to today and I am a little over 200 pounds. I would like to lose another 50 but I am happy where I am at too. I have never been healthier physically and emotionally. Good luck to you and I would like to motivate and support you in any way possible. I know it is a tough battle but you can do it.
  • valerievaladez
    valerievaladez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiii. Im 5'6. Started at 285. Currently at 235. Shooting for 140. Lets do this!
  • samwiseenvs
    samwiseenvs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm right there with you. I'm also 5'10" and I started at 273lbs in August. I'm slowly losing the weight (I'm down to 265.5lbs). I log almost every day, so feel free to add me and we can help each other! My ideal goal is to weigh 150lbs, but I'm focusing on baby steps. I'm watching what I eat, and for every 10lbs I lose, I'll allow myself a treat. My first one will be a (mostly) guilt free ice cream sundae :-)
  • loops419
    loops419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im basically in the same struggle you are!! Im 5'10 and 260 lbs. I have a 1 year old boy named Jacob. This is the heaviest ive been my whole life. Really need some friends on the same path to help keep each other accountable. I want to lose 60 to 80 lbs. Anyone with similar goals feel free to add me!!
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Add me☺ looking to lose about 60+. Looking towards getting under 200 as well
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Add me :) i'm 22 years old, started at 303lbs, and now im at 257lbs! looking to lose 74 more, which will be about 135 lbs total :)