Low Carb Question

Options
I am 29, 5'5", 332lbs. MFP is saying I need 1,990 calories a day and 249g of carbs. That seems a little (lot) high for carbs when your trying to lose weight.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I am 29, 5'5", 332lbs. MFP is saying I need 1,990 calories a day and 249g of carbs. That seems a little (lot) high for carbs when your trying to lose weight.

You can eat nothing but carbs and lose weight.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    MFP's default setting for carbs is 50% of calories. You can change it to your liking via "goals". Not exceeding your calorie goal will be more important for weight loss. Macros for health, preference and/or medical issues.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm assuming MFP have the percentage 50% for carbs. You can change that in the settings to 30 or 40% maybe

If you eat more of complex carbs and avoid simple carbs you will lose weight.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    There is no minimum carb level. Set it as you prefer. Zero is the low end and the upper end would probably be 70% or there about. You are limited by health issues and hitting your minimums of protein and fat.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It is true that CICO works no matter what macro nutrient you are focusing on I have health issues so I restrict my carbs much lower than what mfp would automatically suggest for me but not ketosis either its all about personal preference, goals, and what is sustainable to you
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is nothing but a deficit. You can be on any type of diet you want, at the end of the day calories are what matter. If you eat more calories then your body can burn, you'll gain. If you eat less, you'll lose.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Don't fear carbs. They. Are. Awesome. And you get to eat a decent amount! Woot! That said, they'll adjust down as you see success in your weight loss.