How to stop late night snacking?

Options
I usually eat pretty clean through out the day, but then as soon as night time hits I am STARVING and will eat everything in sight.
Any tips for stopping late night snacking?

Replies

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What kind of snacks do you usually have? It's been getting more rare for me to have cravings at night, I might just be getting used to it. But when I do snack, I have between 2-3 cheese sticks. I figure it's not so bad since they are basically full of protein.

My suggestion is choose better snacks if you're snacking on chips/drinks/taco bell.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Excluding foods (eating clean) can, for some, lead to strong urges to eat lots of the "banned" foods. If this is you then I would recommend that you re-think your clean eating concept. Note that you do not need to eat clean to lose weight. Calorie deficit is what makes you lose weight.

I would also suggest you save some daytime calories to have as a supper or treat, later at night.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem so I just stopped keeping garbage food in my house.

Even though I generally wouldn't go over on my calories, I have been losing weight much faster now that I cut out all the sugar that I would eat. Causing an insulin spike that high after having downed several hundred cals and tons of sugar isn't going to do anything for efforts to lose fat.
  • cliftonmartland
    cliftonmartland Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here is what i do, i have a small snack at about 4-4.30 and this allows me to eat later in the evening so i eat dinner at 7pm ish. this sees me through to bed time normally around 10 - 10.30pm. Hope this helps
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My best snacks list:
    Tomatoes
    Almonds
    Hot peppers
    apples
    blueberries
    oranges
    pineapples
    oats
    sweet potatoes
    spinach
    When i have to snack out hardi try to stickto these. all good stuff.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are starving at night, what does the rest of your day look like? Its possible you are low on proteins and fiber which is why you are so hungry.