Day 28 fish out of water.

Options
1st day eating un prepared at a restaurant...total fish out of water. Stared at the Menu. Flip-flopping what to order. I ordered my favorite, burger and ate a half of it, I came home and filled out my food chart, I was with in my limits. I will so enjoy when I know my boundaries. I am going out and buying a food scale ... and study portion sizes.

Replies

• Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Buying a food scale was the first thing that helped me figure out portion sizes and boy was I suprized at how little some portions were. Well done for staying under your calories even though you were unprepared
  • HeyJude007
    HeyJude007 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I can do this.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    yes I second that food scale purchase! They make so much difference, I'm able to eat a lot more than I thought I could before I started weighing things! :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a victory!
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I could not believe how much a scale made a difference. I would never have thought that I was eating as much as I was. And I have to compliment the MyFitnessPal groups for making me realize that a scale is a great tool for your weight loss journey.
  • HeyJude007
    Options
    I haven't bought my scale yet, but have been studying hand portion sizes. This is going to be a fun journey. I never looked at this learning to eat right as a journey before. Only as a diet. Losing weight. I am so thankful for all the posts. ... and your right, this program it a unique tool.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You are doing great. It is nice to find success along the way. The one half burger counts as success. :mrgreen:
  • HeyJude007
    Options
    Still haven't bought that Scale yet. I can see every day how helpful that will be. Do you Round up on food you can't figure out the right caloric amount.. Like homemade lasagna? I have been doing good on adding things to my daily food that I enjoy to eat... and sometimes I find out the enjoyment of the calories, and how small the portion is.... It just isn't worth it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can get a scale for around 20.00 in Target, Walmart, or Amazon. Sometimes I round up. Sometimes not. After doing this a while, I have a sense on how the calories are going to look at the end of the day.