Hi! New sleeve, new life, really trying not to mess up

Options
Hi.. I'm Christylee. I was a miserable woman 4 years ago at 380 pounds. I've lost on my own 71 pounds over three years and kept it off! I changed my life and my relationship with food. It sucked. It was hard and slow. I went up and down but the longer I had tried at better habits the more they became routine. This last year I've had 4 major surgeries. Knee, both hands and bariatric. I'm a recovering 8 pill a day diabetic patient with severe neuropathy. I decided a year ago to get the bariatric surgery, the sleeve. I was sleeved on 8/24. Current weight is 290. I say this with tears creeping up, it was the best decision I've ever made. I was dying. Slowly and painfully. BUT Now I'm living and so focused. My world has shifted and changed. No more pills!!!! I'm struggling to figure out food at this stage and exercise. Just walking seems terrifying. I need friends.. positive like minded! I'm a very focused and driven former fat girl minded woman trying hard to find her healthy and happy.. I love my new opportunities with this app and I am so excited to meet y'all. Be well! Have a great day!

Replies

• potbelly06
    potbelly06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Wow you had one hell of a struggle and I want you to know that you are doing great. I really hope you can keep being as strong as you have been and find happiness in a healthier life. Sending positive vibes your way!
  • yesimsassy
    yesimsassy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate your msg so much! Many good thoughts today for you.. I'm about to invent something good for breakfast. Lol. Have a beautiful day!
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Christylee,

Wow, you've been through a lot. I am glad though that you've decided to turn your relationship with food for the better.

You're doing awesome so far! The rest of the way will not be easy, but it will be worth it :)

I know you will do well and reach your goals!

Feel free to add me, so we can help and support each other.

You, me - we got this!
  • jcpowell51011
    jcpowell51011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get my sleeve but been denied recently. I was devastated so now I'm back on here trying to lose some weight on my on. I need all the help I can get.