84lbs to lose! Starting new job, new life.

Options
Hiya everyone.

I am incredibly hyped to be here. After three years of hardcore trauma and depression I have toiled away in my cavern of self-harm and suicidal tendencies. I'd taken a year off to help with my PTSD but that turned into 3 as work was next to impossible to find :< I applied to well over two thousand jobs (spreadsheets ftw) and in two years only got 5 interviews. I've lived with a leaking roof, patches in my clothes and at the mercy of my family's eating habits. Coupled with depression and boredom. I slept and got fat and wasted days feeling utterly hopeless.

Finally found myself a golden egg. I have a new job starting next week, new career and it feels like I have a whole new life ahead of me. It took 8 weeks for the whole security process to complete - 8 weeks stressing about not getting it. BUT I GOT IT. I had phone call just 5 mins ago confirming my start date. For the first time in three years I have actually relaxed and smiled for myself. I have a future.

I'm F27 at 5'6 & 16 stone. My new job is the first of its kind for me. I actually have to commute by train/walking. Most of my job involves walking around a large complex too, running errands. I hate sitting on my *kitten* and my last jobs were all about driving around. While extremely modest I will have an income! at last. I am hoping to get back to my original weight three years ago at 140lbs (10 stone). I'll probably bear the stretch marks all my life but they are the scars of my battles so whatever.

Anyone here want to share that journey with me? I literally have no friends. Yes you read right. No "acquaintances" should I say. I pushed them all away. But I know what it is to be so in the darkness and alone. If you want someone to share the hard times and the happy - please, add me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and let me share my bit. Even though I might never know you - it is appreciated. <3

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sounds like things are turning the corner for you!
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new job! I hope that it's the motivation you need to get everything back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Exercise is what I use to combat depression. My advice: create goals and celebrate when you reach them. Good luck with your new beginnings!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey, sounds amazing! I'm F26, 5'4", trying to get to 10st too. I will add you :D
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad to hear that things are looking up for you. In fact, this sounds like a whole new chapter for you! :)
    Congratulations and well done - YOU put in the hard work and it paid off. This shows that you will have no problems whatsoever in losing your desired weight, you're clearly a fighter! We'll be here to cheer you on along the way! Best of luck and well done again :)