I have a lot of weight to lose! 140lb at least!!!

Options
Hi y'all I'm April from Texas! I am a mother to 4 boys, and nana to 4 grand babies, and a wife. I am tired of no me time. So I am taking a stand for me to get healthy!

Replies

• IrRevd
    IrRevd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Remember to give yourself little targets as a huge weight to lose can be demotivating if you only look at the and goal.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have about the same to lose if not more...can always use more friends for support. Wife and mother of 4, grandma of 2
  • Urtel
    Urtel Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also joined recently and have much to loose. It feels like it is too much and too big of a challenge, please add me. I don't know how to do the friend invites yet. When I click on your profile it only says sent message or ignore?
  • lalaleelou
    lalaleelou Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I sent a request. I'm a mom of 3 girls with 150 to lose. Need all the support I can get.
  • MorbidlyMe
    MorbidlyMe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm losing a lot of weight as well (over 100 lbs) . it'd be nice to have some friends who are doing the same. so add me if you'd like!
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Urtel wrote: »
    I don't know how to do the friend invites yet. When I click on your profile it only says sent message or ignore?
    Once you're on that page that says message or ignore, select the user name (in this case, aprilfunk7). On the next page, you'll be able to add her. :)

• mindithepunk
    mindithepunk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know it's hard to take care of yourself when you are taking care of everyone else. I also need to lose about 140 pounds. We can do this!
  • christina1978s
    christina1978s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi April! Nice to meet you. I am new to this community too.. I am looking to lose 60 pounds. I think it would be great to make new friends and find a supportive group in all of this. Take care. ☺
  • healthyhappyamy710
    Options
    I'm in Texas too! Yes, you absolutely deserve to make your health a priority. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • lacrissa777
    lacrissa777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been using the app for years now but never reached out! Lost close to 40 pounds originally but have gained some back as we're expecting our first child. Still use the app to keep my weight gain down. But will be back on track as soon as the munchkin is out! Welcome all new friends!
  • lindseyanderson437
    Options
    I also need to lose about about 120 pounds. I love that the community here is so strong. I've been here for awhile but have never been to the community section of MFP. I welcome all friend requests for added support and accountability. :)
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi April,

You can do this! It won't be easy but it'll definitely be worth it.

I still have about 50lbs to lose myself.

Feel free to add me so we can help and support each other :)
  • Bench_Bunny
    Bench_Bunny Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
  • Mamahick12
    Mamahick12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey April, I'm from Texas too and have about 160 lbs to lose as well. Please feel free to add me and we can support and motivate each other :smile:
  • JJ0798
    JJ0798 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Finding my way around here in MFP, good luck to all and luck is where preparation meets opportunity.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi there! There are some great groups here on MFP that I think you would like.

This one has a lot of members, very caring and you get lots of feedback:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

This one is much smaller and has a lot of the same members. Also very helpful and motivating:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery

I am a member of both. :)