Where do I start?

Options
My 30th b day is coming up in a few months and I wanna look good not that I don't already ! But I want my body to look nice I'm 5'2 started out at 215 and have been eating clean about 13 days I've lost 5lbs. I want to start working out but have no idea where to start I work full time and have 3 kids so it's hard to always get to a gym any suggestions on how to ease into working out and workouts that I can start doing at home ? Also I plan on continuing this after my b day not just a quick fix to look good on my b day but changing my lifestyle!

Replies

• greenhamster
    greenhamster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start walking. Take the stairs whenever you can. A fitbit can really help, too, by reminding you everyday to keep moving.
  • LAC73167
    LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I was 227lbs. I took the advice above, I walk every chance I get. I get up in the AM and walk - I park my car in the farthest parking spot away from where I'm goign so I have to walk - when I started, I could hardly walk a 1/4 of a mile - now, I'm on the treadmill at a moderate pace walking 2 miles before work every morning.

I bought a jawbone tracker (like a fitbit) and I am a slave to this thing! Get a decent amount of sleep (7-8 hours), cut out processed foods and extra sugars. I have lost almost 50lbs without doing much more than this. Its a slow and steady loss, but thats the best way to lose! good luck!!
  • diggs_ashlee
    diggs_ashlee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input!
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up. That's the hardest part. You will get to your goal with persistence. Go for a walk and do a small work out (sit ups, push ups, lunges etc.). Try to ease into it rather than go balls out. Also stretch a ton! Being sore makes working out the next day really hard.. If you stretch and get some potassium in you it will be easier to continue.
  • ChubRub93
    ChubRub93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Make sure you actually like what you're doing too. Maybe the whole family could take up a sport? If it doesn't feel like exercise its usually easier to get yourself to do it lol!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have an Up2 and I love it! You could do Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone on Utube. Her voice is a little annoying to me, but I just put on my own milusic and watch or have the tv on. 1 mile done in about 15 minutes. I did one of her videos and plan on doing one or two tomorrow.