Water?

Options
I was jut wondering how much water you take in a day? i try to drink alot but im having a hard time drinking 8 cups.. the most i seem to drink is like 5 cups a day...

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups a day.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I always try for 8 and the last few months can go up 10-14 a day. I pretty much stopped drinking milk and pop and I never was big on juice. I usually carry a 16oz water bottle and refill it with filtered tap water.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm with you really try for the 8 but its normally 5 and I don't drink any other stuff like milk or fizzy drinks and only have 1 cup of tea a day??
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i usually get at least 8 a day. highest i have gotten is like 16. the more water you drink, the fuller you stomach tends to feel too.

hint for water: lukewarm water before/during meals, makes your stomach feel fuller so you eat less. and right after food, drink cold, helps you stomach start digesting food better/faster.
  • Mollfie
    Mollfie Posts: 8
    Options
    When I'm at work I have a 2 litre bottle of water that I drink throughout the day, which is about the same as 8 glasses of water I think? At home I don't always drink as much.

Most of the time I only drink water, with the odd cup of tea some days.
  • mystiloo
    mystiloo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink a TON of water. I carry a 34 oz Sigg bottle that I refill 3 times at work alone. Maybe you should try to add some lemon to the water? That could help you reach your target if it tasted different every time?
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I mostly get in about 6 glasses a day. I try to get in 8, but just can down the last 2...
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I always try for 8 and the last few months can go up 10-14 a day. I pretty much stopped drinking milk and pop and I never was big on juice. I usually carry a 16oz water bottle and refill it with filtered tap water.

Same here. I drink more in summer than winter (although drink a lot of hot tea then). Never touch soda or juice but I do have 2 8 oz glasses of skim milk every day.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I wasn't much of a water drinker. Now almost 4 months into I drink at least 12 8 ounce cups a day. I have a 32 oz bottle and I drink one with each meal. Then usually 2-4 8 ounces in between. That isn't counting my 2 coffees a day. I drink a lot. :)
  • Nexxy
    Nexxy Posts: 33
    Options
    hint for water: lukewarm water before/during meals, makes your stomach feel fuller so you eat less. and right after food, drink cold, helps you stomach start digesting food better/faster.

Thanks for the tip :)

thank you all i sure hope i can drink more since it does help with the weight loss :D ill for sure try harder now! think ill try drinking a cup before and after every meal :) that should help alot! I dont drink anything other then water just seems like when im not working out im just not thirsty but ill try to change that up now and make my self drink! the water bottle idea is great! to have it with you where ever you go! think ill for sure try that one out too :)
  • jillmarie31
    jillmarie31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon a day.
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, get an app!
    I have android, and I got this free app called "drinking water" you tell it how many cups of water you want to drink, and it'll remind you to drink it!

Since I've been using it, I've averaged about 10 cups of water a day!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    About 64+ a day. I carry a 32 oz water bottle w/me wherever I go. It's easier for me to get water down if I drink it through a straw, so my water bottles always have to have a straw with it. Silly, I know, but it works for me!
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Something I've tried that helped when I had a desk job was to always have a glass of water in front of me. I've found that I will drink anything that's in front of me (tends to lead to other issues during happy hour, haha) so if a glass of water is right there, I will drink it! Also made me get up and fill the glass, so I would stretch my legs and have a 30 second break from work.
  • anneamaya
    anneamaya Posts: 10
    Options
    I also drink a TON of water during the day. I usually start my day out with 20oz mug with some Metamucil in it. Then have a water bottle during my work out and usually one right after. I have to have a water bottle with me whenever I leave the house too, (scared to be stranded and thirsty I guess?). I have one with each meal, and also have a hot lemon water in the afternoons. I drink green tea as well. I try to drink my body weight in water (in oz.) :)
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 6-8 liters of water everyday. I drink A LOT.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I was jut wondering how much water you take in a day? i try to drink alot but im having a hard time drinking 8 cups.. the most i seem to drink is like 5 cups a day...

That's more than enough.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Like 140-160 oz per day. I do not recommend this. I'm being worked up to see what the cause is for my excessive thirst because it's damaging my life.

But drinking water has never been hard for me, so I appreciate that.

Just like everyone else says, if you just have a water bottle around to sip on all the time, it's amazing how fast it goes down.
  • dvigeant
    dvigeant Posts: 10
    Options
    It may sound a little weird; but, I when I started drinking and maintaining my water intake, if I got up for a drink I would alway grab something besides water. Now, I keep a jug of water on the coffee table and the computer desk so that when I want a drink there is one right there. I am more apt to drink the water sitting in front of me. I don't keep soda in the house anymore. I keep some juice but watch what juices I buy for sugar levels and such. Some find it tough to drink room temperature water. I find I drink more when it easily accessable. I travel with a water container when I leave the house so I am not apt to stop at a store and a lot of the places I visit for family and friends aren't so health conscious what they keep in the house so it helps to have a container of water on me. This works for me and I end up drinking a minimum of two gallons a day. I have never been a fan of water. Now it is a habit of mine.
  • mwatson23
    mwatson23 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm still not great at getting all the water I need in a day but I do find I drink more when I use a straw...odd maybe but it seems to work for me, especially at work. I just gulp it down without thinking about it being water...still don't love it but I am getting more in this way.