I climbed a mountain!

Options
Since it is so nice out and I live in such a beautiful place for hiking and mountains, I challenged myself to do a hike today. I used to climb Mt. Monadnock in NH when I was younger, and I decided I wanted to do this.

I DID IT! I climbed the mountain to the very top! It was a 2.2 mile hike up. Half was on a dirt road and half was climbing up rocks, 4.4 miles in all. It took 4 hours all together, but we did stop for a half hour at the top of the mountain for lunch and rest, so 3.5 hours of hiking.

Now that I have done this, I know I can do anything!

Replies

• MelodAngel
    MelodAngel Posts: 27
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! I just started hiking, and i try to do 1.5 miles a day, and i LOVE IT! I've been doing it since April. I use an app on my phone called Cardio Trainer, and it keeps track of everything I do for excercise, etc.
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is wicked!! :) Great work!!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Since it is so nice out and I live in such a beautiful place for hiking and mountains, I challenged myself to do a hike today. I used to climb Mt. Monadnock in NH when I was younger, and I decided I wanted to do this.

I DID IT! I climbed the mountain to the very top! It was a 2.2 mile hike up. Half was on a dirt road and half was climbing up rocks, 4.4 miles in all. It took 4 hours all together, but we did stop for a half hour at the top of the mountain for lunch and rest, so 3.5 hours of hiking.

Now that I have done this, I know I can do anything!

That is marvelous!! Way to go
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    totally awesome :)
  • ocampbell3
    Options
    awesome! Yay!~
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think I burned about 2,000 calories all together since it took so long at such a high intensity
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!