Need to lose this weight!

Options
So I'm new to myfitnesspal and I don't even know where to begin. I don't know what to eat, which sounds silly, but I didn't get to 210 lbs because I eat healthy. I'm looking to lose 50 lbs and I don't know where to begin. Does anyone have any meal ideas? Any tips would be highly appreciated!

Replies

• N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Protein, gym, etc.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just start.

I started by giving myself a week just to log everything I ate, without trying to reduce calories. It gave me a chance to get used to logging, get used to how MFP works. It also gave me a chance to see how many calories I actually WAS eating. Gives you time to read through these forums and start to learn.

Once that week was over, there was no more guessing. It was clear how I got to the weight I was at. I set me calorie goal, and kept logging. And I have been learning as I go ever since.

Personally I find that when I try to meet my fibre and protein goals each day, I feel really satisfied. I can easily smash 900 calories in a burger and fries in my lunch break when working, or I can plan what I'm going to eat the night before. Today my 900 cal lunch/snack is a 300g tub of vegetable and parmesan risotto (store bought), 200g raspberry yoghurt, 2 apples and a baked oat bar. Burger and fries option and I'm hungry 2 hours after. Today's option will get me through until dinner - fuller tummy and way more nutritious. I can have a burger and fries and still stay within my calorie goal at a deficit for the day, but I've figured out it doesn't satisfy me and there are better ways to spend my 900 calories, and over time, I choose the better way more often.
  • workthatfatoff2016
    Options
    @Firefly0606 thank you! Do you only get 900 calories for the whole day?!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    No, I aim for 1500 cal per day and eat back half of my exercise calories. After 3 weeks, I think 1500 might be too low though - I am losing about 2lbs a week. If I lose another 2 lbs this week, I am going to up my calories so I lose a bit slower.

My 900 cal example is a typical lunch and snack at work at the moment. :) Then I eat dinner of about 400-500, and a cookie or something if I have any room left over.

I still have a burger from time to time...but it really is a treat now and I always find it hard to stay in deficit. I had a burger last week sometime - it didn't taste as good as I remember. Perhaps my tastes are changing? It's all part of the learning and the journey. :)
  • tanico620
    tanico620 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Keto diet. I have been on two months and lost 30 pounds. 1 eat clean. 2 you must have a cardio rountine to burn more calories than you consume. Feel free yo add me..