sweet tooth

Options
jessica561
jessica561 Posts: 410 Member
I'm always craving something sweet!!! Can you guys give me some recipes on what satisfies you all? thanks

Replies

• jessica561
    Options
    that sounds good
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you are avoiding sugar there are a many great sugar free candies out there. I like to get hard candy because you can keep one in your mouth long enough to satisfy the craving and not expend to many of your calories for the day. If sugar isn't an issue Lancaster makes some great tasting carmels that are about 25 calories each and you can keep one in your mouth long enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make these! I generally eat them for breakfast, but sometimes at night if I am craving something sweet. http://www.onesweetmess.com/2014/01/16/peanut-butter-oat-balls/

I found a recipe the other day that has pumpkin in it too, I am going to try it tonight!
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    aliem wrote: »
    I make chocolate banana "pudding". Just mash up one banana and mix in 2-4 tsp of cocoa powder, depending on how chocolaty you like it. It's sweet and pretty much just eating fruit!

I have dried cocoa banana leather but never thought to try out fresh. Thanks for the idea!
  • michaeltwillis
    michaeltwillis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound odd but it is what works for me. I make 2 tbs of pb2 mix with water as directed then 1 tbs of organic cacao powder mix throughly then I add 3 tbs of coconut almond milk. It is pretty much a pudding and then sometimes I eat it with a graham cracker or if I have an outrageous sweet tooth I will add one packet of stevia (even through artificial sweeteners are horrible for me and I know it).

Total calories: 78
    Pb2 45 calories
    Cacao 24 calories
    Coconut almond milk 9

One graham cracker is another 60

The pb2 keeps the fat down I mean overall nutritionally when it comes to killing a sweet tooth it's not bad at all :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm satisfying my sweet cravings right now with coconut yogurt. I toast 2 T of flaked coconut in the microwave, then sprinkle it on top. That one little trick takes yogurt from average to decadent. So good! (And putting it in a bowl instead of eating straight from the container somehow makes it seem like I'm getting more. Lol)
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    aliem wrote: »
    I make chocolate banana "pudding". Just mash up one banana and mix in 2-4 tsp of cocoa powder, depending on how chocolaty you like it. It's sweet and pretty much just eating fruit!

I have to try that. Seems delicious.
  • syon13
    syon13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    coffee worthers...20 cals...and kiwi..45 cals..
  • jessica561
    Options
    thank you all those sound so tasty!
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I cut up bananas in slices and freeze them. Then I eat them on top of Fage 0 percent yogurt.
    Another alternative is cooking blueberries with a little vanilla extract until thick. Refrigerate and use on top of yogurt like jam.
    I have a persistent sweet tooth also, and really have to keep trigger foods out of my reach.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Coffee flavored greek yogurt and chocolate whey with just a tiny bit of cashew milk makes a yummy mocha pudding. A chocolate protein shake with some powdered peanut butter and cashew milk tastes like drinking a Reece's.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @Chadxx that smoothie sounds good. Going to try that one!
  • Dictaorofcheese
    Dictaorofcheese Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This might sound wierd of a thing to help with ur sweet tooth, but i used to be totally obsessed with sugar. (In December i weighed 265 now i weigh 191.) And the hardest thing for me was those sugar cravings. I found that chewing two sticks of original style juicy fruit satisfied my sugar need even though it didn't have a ton of sugar. But if gum isn't your thing then I'd recommend skinny cow fudge bars. Only 110 calories and taste great! I have one once a day and doesn't seem to effect me that much. Hope this helped somewhat.