A little less than 75lbs lost in a little less than 13 month's time

Options
It's not where I wanted to be, but it's better than where I was.

That's what I keep telling the obsessive overachiever part of me that wanted to be down 80lbs by the end of July. Unfortunately, life (and, more specifically, a MRSA infection) got in the way and so here I am instead. Healthy again and trying to be happy with the progress I've made instead of frustrated at failing to reach my goal.

I keep telling myself that it's not a race. And doing the math that says I've averaged over a pound a week. I keep trying to see, and more importantly appreciate, a change in my body. But man, is that so much harder to do than it is to type!

I had to stop weighing myself when the frustration and sense of defeat got to be too much and instead started trying on clothes. Every time I pick up something a size or two or three smaller I hold my breath and feel like I'm tempting fate. But I put on a size 18 dress today, when I'd spent the last several years in a size 28, and even though that 18 was a tight squeeze I spent all day walking around the office thinking I actually looked pretty cute.

Trying to see progress as a victory in itself and not just the long emotionally-draining slog to a goal. Trying. lol

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • veggiequeen75
    veggiequeen75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great. Even though the loss isn't as quickly as you'd like, hopefully taking it slow is resulting in life changes and those pounds are gone forever!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That is huge progress, both on the scale and NSV! Congratulations!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    75 lbs. is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! Please remember that the slower the journey, the more likely you are to keep the weight off for good. We're not on a diet. This is a lifestyle change. It's so important to think of how far you've come rather than where you still need to go. I think 75 lbs. is an amazing loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!