Kind of worried

Options
I've only just joined MFP in the last week and the calorie counting aspect has made me quite worried, if I'm being honest. I've always eaten small portions and not been that keen on junk food. For the three days I've been a member, every day the starvation warning has popped up yet I feel extremely full. My nutritional summary is fine (apart from the sugar, I blame the amount of tea I drink).

I was just wondering if anybody had any advice to help boost my calorie intake, stop MFP telling me that I'm going in to starvation mode, but without me feeling like my stomach is going to explode?

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    High calorie, high protein... almonds, peanut butter, cheese.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would trust the way I feel more... but maybe I'm wrong!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nuts and string cheese is what if I'm too low.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats that may be a little higher in calories but are good for you to (avocadoes for example). I know I love celery sticks with natural peanut butter; healthy with healthy fats but I have to watch how much I eat because of the calorie count in the peanut butter.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've built nuts into my daily routine now, so I hardly think but just eat them.
  • emarrghlee
    emarrghlee Posts: 14
    Options

I think I will start eating nuts, as a few have suggested them, I just have to learn when to stop eating them. I love nuts. Mmm.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    try eating less more often break it up during the day
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm big on stacking on the Nantucket Blend from Sam's Club (Almonds, dried berries, and pistachios - unsalted). Not filling, but uses up calories nicely.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    As posted above, I would listen to my body first, and do try to get in the nuts, peanut butter, etc. Everything is in moderation and I've seen the starvation mode warning myself. I'm losing, so I'm not that worried about it.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Peanuts (just make sure it is just peanuts and salt...no other artificial ingredients) or the cocoa almonds from Sam's Club are a great start.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Add some Olive Oil to your cooking. A little goes a LONG way. If you need more calories feel free to add dressings, sauces, etc to your meals. The almonds are an awesome suggestion too.

I'm also a fan of protein shakes!
  • ZenMomentum
    ZenMomentum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good advice here. It may not be a bad idea to go in for a check up. Talk with a doctor even if it's just to put yourself at ease.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to add all macros, not just fat..
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Bulk up your meals. Especially breakfast. I looked at your diary and other than Thursday, it's way too light for your first meal of the day. Try including a protein with every meal. Also adding more green leafy veg.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I think I will start eating nuts, as a few have suggested them, I just have to learn when to stop eating them. I love nuts. Mmm.
    I buy mine in bulk and sort them into small snack bags. This way i don't have to worry about portion control since it's already portioned out.
  • emarrghlee
    emarrghlee Posts: 14
    Options
    The food diary so far (apart from Thursday) hasn't really been an accurate representation of what I eat since I haven't been at home and the place I was staying hadn't been grocery shopping. I usually eat porridge or scrambled egg for breakfast with some fruit. I sometimes try and get in an omelette but the amount of stuff I have to put in it to disguise the egg taste (not the biggest egg fan) can't be healthy.