Grocery Help!

Options
I'm trying to lose 20 lbs and also eat healthier overall! I'm going to the store this week, what are some easy healthy snacks i should buy? Any kind of snacks! I don't always have a lot of time to cook but any fast easy recipes would be great too! The only meat I'll eat is boneless chicken or beef. Thank you!

Replies

• kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For snacks I usually have, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, apples and natural peanut butter, carrots and hummus or nuts like almonds or cashews.
    For quick easy and fast prep meals I will buy the bagged salad you can get and add the pre-cooked chicken breast strips (you can also get beef) or I will make a protein shake and I have a thermos that keeps it cold for like 8 hours.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This snack/dessertnl0paqnwfphd.jpg
    takes just a minute to put together. Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, a sprinkle of trail mix.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies, fruit, yogurt, string cheese, protein bars
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread as a fairly quick & really healthy, filling recipe: Fagioli in Agrodolce (Tangy White Bean Stew)

For a snack, I love avocado toast. Here are some delightful recipes for it.
  • ladyoftheautumn
    Options
    The blue diamon almond thin flax seed frackers are so good. Bananas, skinny popcorn, yogurt, tuna on crackers, granola bars, jello, etc
  • DeterminedBexxx
    DeterminedBexxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eggs- lots of eggs. Seasonal fruit. Greek unsweetened yogurt. Nuts. Cheese & deli meat. Vegetable sticks eg; carrot, celery.
    For higher protein chose a protein powder, protein bar, or tins of tuna.
    Good luck!
  • LowCarbHighFatNat
    Options
    Eggs for sure! 100 calorie plain greek yogurt- and mix in whatever you are feeling like- ranch dressing dip mix, salsa, garlic, whatever really and use carrots or cucumbers for dipping. Satisfies my chip and dip cravings. 100 calorie popcorn. I like getting the frozen vegetables in the steam bags and seasoning with Cajun seasoning and eating that. Tuna. Apple with string cheese or laughing cow cheese! Good luck!
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    Options
    For snacks I swear by nuts, fruit, and unflavored microwave popcorn (you have to hunt for it but there are brands that simply contain popcorn and nothing else). If the nuts are not already in 1/4 cup size portions, I use small baggies when I get home and have all that portioned out and ready to go.

I also like to take veggies like red peppers, carrots, things like that and have them with hummus. Cherry or grape tomatoes are great too.