Help!!

Options
Hey guys, have been off my feet (literally haha) for about 6 months, with a broken foot so have done absolutley no exercise in that time!!! Have now been back to work for 2 weeks, got a new treadmill delivered, as, when you have kids, and work full time, time is limited, so no jogging/power walking outdoors for me for a while lol x Have been on it this weekend (can only manage 15/20 mins walking/jogging) and when I got off it I nearly passed out, and felt really dizzy (I know im a lightweight but my foot is still very sore and not properly healed). I had had breakfast a couple of hours before, but do I need to have something just before I go on it? And then directly after? Sorry to sound like an idiot but I just want to make sure Im doing everything I can to lose weight, and doing it right!!! I have sts for the passed 2 weeks, eating really well, so I am hoping I will start to lose now Im back exercising xx Any help would be appreciated guys x

Replies

• davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    take it slow and easy no need to try and do it wall at once, go slower your foot isnt done healing dont try to job on it
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Sounds like your body is still trying to compensate for the healing that is not finished yet. Even though the foot feels better, your body is still trying to "catch up" and heal. As said, I would take it very slow as you've not done this in six months. Take care.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love boxing and it doesn't require good feet :) I don't know if this is an option for you, but when I feel the slightest bit injured, I box.

Good luck in the rest of your healing!

Debbie
  • kn4349
    kn4349 Posts: 5
    Options
    if your foot isn't properly healed you should probably just do some upper body workout and VERY low impact lower body exercise. You are likely to reinjure your foot if you do too much too soon, especially if it isn't healed properly yet. Biking might be better while you continue to heal. Good Luck!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, I had surgery on my foot and they put a screw through 3 foot bones a year ago and now the mechanics of my foot movement aren't working right so I may end up having to have the screw removed. As far as feeling dizzy that happens some times. You should always eat a carb and a protein together, I am a huge fan of Dr.Mercola and he always suggests the carb and protein together to prevent getting dizzy. Take it slow until you get used to the increased activity
  • allybtucker
    Options
    I wouldn't think pounding on a recently injured foot would be good. What else could you do? Swimming possible? If you have to workout at home, maybe some low impact calisthenics or yoga to get you started. How about biking? Sorry you're having this trouble. Historically, something bad always happens to me when I try to get healthy and it derails me. Hasn't happened yet this time, and i have to say, I'm feeling a little paranoid :-)
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for the replys guys, I do know I need to take it easy, Im just soooo frustrated and just trying to get back into exercising to lose some of the weight I put on sitting on my *kitten*!!! My doc said to do whatever as long as it doesnt hurt too much, so thats what im trying, only a couple minutes of jogging with thick soled trainers, the rest is power walking. Just going to try and do a little bit more each day xx Thanks again for your support xx