can you make up exercise the next day?

Options
I went over by 200 calories yesterday and was wondering if I can just "make them up" in cardio today?

Replies

• twobitford
    Options
    I went over by 200 calories yesterday and was wondering if I can just "make them up" in cardio today?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Of course you can. Your body doesn't clock out at the end of the day....it is a continuing process. I look at my overall week in terms of calories and exercise. What damage is done one day can be fixed the next. Some might disagree, but that theory has never let me down.
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    Hey,

Even if it wouldnt work. Do you would sit down and do nothing? Thats the wrong idea. Dont try to fix "errors" behave overall healthy.

So do cardio whether you are in your cal or you are not.

My advice...
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    i personally enjoy going back and working out for days i didnt do to good. its definitly not too late to work on yesterdays calories. i do it all the time. (but i am a perfectionist and like to have my reports come back the way i want them) but i have fun and as long as your having fun and keep moving you will be successful too. good luck!
  • lifesaver
    Options
    it doesn't EXACTLY work that way I don't think, but exercise is exercise! Good for you regardless! :smile:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah you can make things the next day (in my opinion)! I'm on a weekly schedule as far as weighing in, etc. As long as my cals equal out after 7 days I'm happy. And it has been working for me for several months now. Everyone has bad days. The key is to realize why you went over, make sure it doesn't happen often, and then rectify it. I'm also a believer in having one day a week with more than your normal cals so your body doesn't become too used to only burning off 1200 a day.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Just another bit of info... I saw Bob Green on Oprah the other day and he said that the benefits of exercise last about 24 hours so it's important to workout at least every other day to keep the benefits consistant. So if you worked out the day before you went over in calories that benefit was still in action!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Be careful! Don't overwork your body. But if you feel ok to do it go ahead.