Need some motivational buddies

Options
Hey guys!

I decided to get my weight under control again after a few years of being pretty free reigning with my diet. I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship to the point I was told everything I could eat/drink. If I strayed, it resulted in me getting screamed at. When I escaped, I finally had no one barking at me, and decided, forget it, I'll eat that pasta. It was nice, but now I'm ready to get back to my old ways for no one else but myself.

Thankfully I have a incredibly supporting boyfriend, who is helping me cook healthier meals in delicious fashions (he's a chef) so I'm back on it.

I tried running earlier this summer, around June..but being in Charleston, SC it very very quickly got too hot to run outside without risking health dangers. So I just stopped, unfortunately.

Now I'm doing T25 and had a complete diet overhaul. From no breakfast and fast food lunch to egg whites for breakfast, chicken and peppers or lean stew for lunch, and from pasta and bread for dinner to fresh tuna. No bad snacks, only carrots and roasted chickpeas (WHICH I HIGHLY SUGGEST).

And just an FYI, I do have thyroid disease. Hypothyroidism, and been getting treated since I was 24. But at this point, thanks to a great doctor, its pretty under control.

So anywho, that's a short snap of my story!! And I need supportive friends and friends who need support!! It really keeps me going!

Replies

• mandee201023
    mandee201023 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me. I've been working hard to get fit. I started this app over a year ago but last holiday season I strayed :( so I've been back at it since the beginning of August and I'm just wanting to be heathy and fit. I do regular workouts and jump roping at home but just a few weeks ago I got back into running! I used to run long distance and was just reminded of why I used to love it so much. I'm in Ohio so it's not near as hot as where you are, but I still go running at 5am to beat the heat.
  • BlueEyedBeast27
    BlueEyedBeast27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use to run when I lived up north and I LOVED it, it was great. I ended up stress fracturing my ankle from bad shoes and haven't been able to do as much again. The heat made me almost pass out on the side of the street a few times, so my boyfriends asked me to stop, cause he was worried. I tried a gym, but hated it. My own fault at that haha
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey, I Got Some GReat Results From T25! Good Luck!
  • BlueEyedBeast27
    BlueEyedBeast27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Definitely feeling it today!
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I log every day and post regularly. I've come a long way too from eating unhealthy to counting every last calorie. I've been at it since August 17th and have lost a few lbs but am now at a plateau. Need motivation and good friends to keep me going!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I love your story and think that it is great you have such a supportive boyfriend to help you get back to where you want to be. I log in daily, try to log my food as often as I can- weekends are my enemy, and workout 4-6 days a week, so if you'd like some more support, feel free to add me!
  • nuttygirly
    nuttygirly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hopped on here today looking for motivational support, too! Sounds like you're on your way to success :) Feel free to add me! I have been in remission from Hyperthyroidism for almost 20 years, but endo said it would eventually come back as Hypo (runs in my fam).