Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Why choose...do both!!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you prefer and can stick with.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Today or in general?

I think both are nice and can have different benefits. Winters in my area are brutal so that's when I end up spending more time in the gym rather than outside.
  • malloriecook
    malloriecook Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @kathrynjean_ general

I think I have to refer to @Chef_Barbell being in the gym over outside but when @epr3996 talks about great weather I think of the park that I can go to!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    depends what you are planning on doing. I run in the mornings, preferably outside, but now the mornings are getting dark I am switching to Stronglifts in the gym. I still run outside, with a group, in the dark after work one day a week.

All my other activity is dance or walking related.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    debating to be a gym rat or a outside junkie! :p

They are not mutually exclusive. Weather nice? Be outside. Weather poor? Go inside. Running a distance with nice weather? Outside. Lifting? Inside. Be available to all options.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I do both.

Mostly I prefer to exercise outside, but I've discovered a gym I like and will drop in when there's bad weather.

Take last weekend for example, on Saturday my husband and I cycled 50 km.
    Sunday was raining and windy and horrible out so we went to the gym for about 1.5 hours.

And on Wednesday (yesterday) we were planning to go to the gym in the evening, but it was just so nice out that we went for a walk along the foreshore instead. :)

Oh yes, and two days this week I've gone for a bicycle ride outside, then lifted weights inside in our home gym.

Best of both worlds.