A Big Change (Add me!)

Options
AriiLynn
AriiLynn Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Ari and I'm 21 years old... I've been over weight and unhealthy most of my life and I'm fairly tired of the excuses I make for myself.
So I decided to make a change. A big change.
I'm 280 lbs at the moment and suffering from severe depression and anxiety which makes me dislike myself even more.
I'm just here to track my progress, motivate myself, see a big change and hopefully meet some motivating and supporting friends along the way!!
Happy Exercising! ❤

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Ari :]
    You've made the first step - and that can sometimes be the hardest part of this whole process.
    I found MFP really useful in staying on track and keeping strong, I hope it works well for you too. You can do this, I promise you. Best of luck!
  • mamagotti82
    mamagotti82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ari,
    I'm 53 and also have had weight issues all my life. Congratulations on taking the first steps to a healthier you. Add me as a teammate and we can keep each other motivated!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Greetings, Ari! Welcome! PinkPixie hit the nail on the head. The first step is the hardest most of the time. Now, that's not to say you won't struggle at times, but stay positive. Change will happen. Most people on here are very encouraging and help motivate/keep you on track. Believe in yourself, and the process. You can do this!
  • suzi365
    suzi365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthier lifestyle. Remember that consistency is the key to success, and never ever give up on yourself. You CAN do this!
  • rosiefitgirl0
    rosiefitgirl0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Ari, my name is Rosie and I'm new to this too but hopefully we can encourage each other with our new challenge.
  • adequatenikki
    adequatenikki Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Ari!!!
    I can totally relate! I'm 23, 5'11" and when I first started trying to eat better I weighed (August 1st, 2016) 328.8 lbs. I've already lost 21 pounds! We can do this! I sent you a request and look forward to motivating one another. :)