Low calorie alcoholic drink ideas?

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
I am craving a mudslide but don't want the calories and I am really not one for the fruity drinks. Any ideas?

Replies

• welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Here's one I found the other day that I've used, but I came up with my own that I will post in addition to.

Chilly Chocolate Mudslide

(approximately 130 calories, 1g fat - 3 points)

Ingredients:
    1 packet diet/sugar free 25 calorie hot cocoa
    3 oz. hot water
    2 oz. 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy Milk
    1/2 oz. Sugar Free Torani White Chocolate or Vanilla Syrup
    1 teaspoon Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup
    2 packets of Splenda
    1 oz. vodka
    5-7 ice cubes

Directions:
    Dissolve hot cocoa, chocolate syrup and Splenda in hot water. Add light soy milk, vodka and Torani syrup. Pour into blender. Blend with ice on the highest speed for about 45 seconds. Pour, and top with a squirt of Fat Free Reddi-Wip!

My version:

1 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened-35 calories
    1 tbls. unsweetened cocoa-10 calories
    2 packets of truvia
    Squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup
    1 oz vodka-69 calories or so
    Add 20 ice cubes and blend. The more ice cubes you use the thicker it gets.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Pinnacle makes cake and whipped cream vodkas. No more calories than any other vodka and very yummy. I made strawberry shortcake martinis last weekend. 1 part each cake and whipped cream, 2 parts milk, and then use a zester to grate a frozen strawberry on top. You can also put either one in orange soda to make a creamsicle sort of drink.
    And if you're just going for maximum drunk on minimum calories, gin and diet tonic. Just a warning, it tastes a bit like drinking a pine tree.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I LOVE mudslides!!! BUMP
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love blueberry stoli (or other flavored vodka) mixed with crystal light lemonade. It tastes amazing and a shot of the blueberry vodka is only approx 60 calories. When I go out I keep the individual packets w me and ask for the vodka mixed w water and just add the cl to it, one packet makes about 3 mixed drinks.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, I wasn't craving a mudslide. Until now. These versions look good.
  • EAMoody
    EAMoody Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a mojito.

1-1/2 limes juiced
    2 shots light rum
    mint, mulled
    Splenda - 1 -2 packets to taste.
    carbonated water or club soda.

great for a day at the pool.
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We made a piña colada last night with fresh pineapple, diet tonic water, stoli gala apple vodka, splash of vermuth.
    It was about 4 ounces of pinapple, 3 shots of vodka, zero calorie tonic water and ice blended.

If you're interested in less sweet, less calorie: any flavored vodka and diet tonic water=ONLY the calories from the vodka.
    OR vodka, diet tonic water, trop 50. It's 50 calories for 8 ounces. I only use about 3 ounces of Trop 50, 2-4 ounces of vodka (depending on how stressed I am lol), and top with diet tonic water. It's just like a carnberry vodka, or vodka orange, or whatever other flavor of trop 50 you can find, MUCH lower in calorie.
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lately my summer drink of choice is vodka and minute maid light lemonade, 50 or so calories for the vodka and 15 calories for the lemonade (8oz). Great for the 100+ degree days we have in CA in the summer
  • Golfster1
    Golfster1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Crystal lite has come out with the Mock cocktails. I have tried the marguerita(sp) . I was not real impressed however I think it could be a good base for a good cocktail with real tequila. the other flavors are appletini and mojito. If anyone has tried these let us know.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Try a mojito.

1-1/2 limes juiced
    2 shots light rum
    mint, mulled
    Splenda - 1 -2 packets to taste.
    carbonated water or club soda.

great for a day at the pool.

Here's another one for mojito that comes out to about 80 calories:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/1680446