strength training?????????????

Options
Why does strength training not have calories burned? When u enter it into the database?

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you enter it under cardio it will give you calories. It's wierd, I know.
  • hopesOFskinny
    Options
    thats just to track what kind of strength training that you did. if you go under cardio there is a strength training option and then it gives you calories burned. hope this helps!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    it's hard to measure such a burn, but yes, you can get a little recognition for your efforts in the cardio category.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    Not sure. But i found that under cardio there is an option for weight training. I tend to use that and its added to my caloried burned. Hope this helps.
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I leave my HRM on for my strength workout and it stays between 120 and 130 the whole time so I COUNT IT!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    I used to track my strength training on MFP but saw no benefit in doing so. Adding it in under the cardio tab works nicely, as it'll add to the calories burnt. MFP estimates about 300 calories burnt for an hour of effort. I suspect this is a little low, but I use it anyway. :)
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    okay!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you...:flowerforyou:
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to track my strength training on MFP but saw no benefit in doing so. Adding it in under the cardio tab works nicely, as it'll add to the calories burnt. MFP estimates about 300 calories burnt for an hour of effort. I suspect this is a little low, but I use it anyway. :)

Anything helps!!!!:happy:
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    hello, i find that mfp does not list every excercise you can do so i search for other websites to give me this info try this link it goes by your weight just add it to you your calories and save it in you excercise notes for the day.

hope this helps/its listed next to weight lifting.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm