Yesterday I talked the talk, today I walk the walk

Options
I got up all pumped up and motivated. Today is the first day of my new, lighter future. I have friends here, I am not alone. I can do this.

Then I got downstairs and the hunger overwhelmed me. Normally I would have made my breakfast right away. At least 3 eggs, two toasts, bacon or greasy sausage...not so today.

I made me one egg and one toast and guess what. It wasn't killing me, I got up rather full and satisfied.

I drunk 3 bottles of water already (I drink too much) and then before lunch, I realized that I don't have a plan. Someone said I should eat "clean", others recommended low carb, then there is sugar-free and low-fat. This is all very confusing, I never thought about what I should eat, I just ate what I wanted numerous times a day.

Lunch was great. A small salad and a piece of chicken and then it hit me. Now I know what I will do.

"Small" that means moderation. No more big, overfull plates. Just small portions and healthier choices that's what I will do until I will know more.

I don't have to starve myself (what wouldn't work anyway) just fewer calories, less fat, less sugar and exercise.

This is doable, don't you think?

There you go...I have a plan! o:)

Replies

• NicoleMichael62
    NicoleMichael62 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Definitely doable. I found that the big thing that has helped me what getting my bigger (but i don't mean huge) meal during breakfast. And then smaller meals at the end of the day. So don't be afraid to eat during breakfast. Just make sure you think of portion control and healthy choices.

Be proud that you got yourself started. That is really the hardest step. :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Starting is always a little hard. You have to work things out, decide what you're going to eat, and then learn to weigh and log correctly. It takes a little time at first, then things get easier. You'll learn as you go--we all did. best.
  • fabfarmer
    fabfarmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this is me! I have been "talking the talk" for months now! just started the walk yesterday. Good luck!
  • tactfool
    tactfool Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have no problem walking the walk. I only have a problem repeating the walk every day. Haha.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    good for you. Every journey starts with the first step
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Have you input your info into MFP and determined your daily calorie goal? Eating all of them will help you stick with this. You want this to be doable.