New! need friends for motivation!

Options
starting my weight loss journey! i need to lose 25 lbs to get back to my ideal weight. Staying in shape is going to be a LIFE-LONG battle for me so I am trying to change my ways instead of following fads and depriving myself.
Any and all motivation is welcome!!! I am married to a 6'4 beanpole who just doesnt get how hard it is!!!!!:)

Replies

• sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too just joined today. I've got about 50 lbs. to lose. I'm 31 and have struggled with my weight since high school! My husband is also overweight and always says he needs to lose too but he'll start "tomorrow"... I'm tired of waiting for the tomorrow that never comes! I don't get a lot of motivation from him so I'm joining here looking to find some friends and support to help me finally succeed and make some changes for life! I also love that I can log things from the computer or my phone!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you are interested! Good luck :)
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Weightloss is hard for so many of us and we need the support of those around us. You can reach your goal if you put your mind to it and really work hard. Best of luck on your journey, feel free to add me.
  • KR0509
    KR0509 Posts: 4
    Options
    glad someone else understands having a hubby who just doesnt get it!!! haha...hopefully you will be the inspiration your husband needs to start his own journey!!
  • lmzolt
    lmzolt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! i joined about 2 months ago. I have some friends from work who keep me motivated! Good luck, i'm here if you need help!
    Loren
  • MrsLJBurns
    Options
    I joined a while ago but today I am starting to take it seriously. So welcome. I need to lose 50lbs to be at my ideal weight. I also have a husband who is bean pole and can eat whatever he wants. Wish it was that easy for us, right girls??
  • QueenCat25
    QueenCat25 Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • jujulili
    jujulili Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi !
    Feel free to add me as well !! I still have 28 lb to loose !
  • fitnhealthymama2
    fitnhealthymama2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I just joined this week already down 2lbs! I have another 40lbs to lose. My DH is 6.1, eats whatever he wants & doesn't gain an ounce. Beanpole too. He seems open to eating healthier despite having no weight to lose. We'll see!