HEALTHY SNACKS IDEAS

Options
I'm learning to carry a zip lock bag of goodies with me to prevent buying unhealthy foods. Presently, I snack on Fiber one bar s(chocolate & oats), grapes, Chewy granola bars, sliced pineapple, apples, oranges & Yoplait Yogurt (Harvest Peach).

I'm looking for other healthy snacks to carry around with me while out and about..ANY IDEAS?????

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I would maybe go with some sort of Nuts...Unsalted peanuts/almonds.

But of course as with your other foods, MODERATION is the key.
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    popcorn but the natural one - no butter
  • akatsukigaara
    Options
    Dry cereal is pretty easy to carry around. As long as you pick the kind that isn't mostly sugar, lolz.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Carrot sticks and a small packet of bbq sauce is a favorite of mine...not sure why it tastes so good together! Small apples fit into most purses pretty easily, so you're good there. Sabra hummus comes in personal snack packs...you could one of those with some celery(if you like it), baby carrots, or pepper slices. You can always measure out a portion of cereal(half a cup maybe?) and have a little of that if you crave sweet and fruit doesn't cut it. That's all of the top of my head..you can be as creative as you want when it comes to snacks. Portion is the main issue, though... :S
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind bringing a mini cooler bag with you, hummus and rice crackers is nice, a yogurt or string cheese can be option.

Dried fruit, nuts, seeds, but you have to watch the portions of this, calories add up quick but it is healthy

I love snacking on dried cereal especially quaker multigrains, all bran guardian, and multigrain cheerios.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are choosing wisely and everyone's suggestions are all good...but i would lay off the pineapple bc it has an enzyme in it that increases hunger/ cravings
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are choosing wisely and everyone's suggestions are all good...but i would lay off the pineapple bc it has an enzyme in it that increases hunger/ cravings

and i find that fresh pineapple helps me curb my cravings :-) eating processed stuff without enough fiber is what seems to set it off for me....
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    My snacks are usually: baby carrots, nature valley, almonds, walnuts, string cheese, celery, apple, plain cheerios, and water.

Make sure you eat your veggies!
  • leopardvice
    Options
    make your own trail mix that way you dont get all those preservatives
    its yummy and fun
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Im always doing nuts...almonds (1oz is about 24nuts), filling. Baby carrots, about 6large ones is 3oz and very filling. Celery sticks and fresh fruit. Cucumbers! You can have a large cucumber for under 40calories and the entire thing cut in slices lasts quite awhile and is very filling! Celery sticks. Light string cheese. Dannon light and fit yogurt (80cal). Mini rice cakes, flavored like chocolate or caramel (there's other flavors too). Pumpkin seeds- 1oz is the serving and they r so light u can have about half a cup worth. Popcorn.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have become obsessed with Vitalivious muffins, they are only 100 calories and delicious. I get them at Kroger. The only problem is they are a bit pricey, like 4.99 for a pack of 5, sometimes they are on sale for 3.99. I would post the website but I am paranoid that would break some sort of board rule but if you wanna find them online its easy.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Thanks for the healthy snack ideas :smile:
  • clh4444
    clh4444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Easy quick snack is a larabar. They are fruit and nut bars basically all are made with 2-4 ingredients and all natural. No added sugar like other granola bars. I love the peanut butter and jelly which I think is made with dates, cashews and cherries the lemon bar, and the key lime pie one. They have tons of flavors all good except avoid any of the chocolate flavors those all just taste like cocoa and not good.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I found this awesome snack that I want to share the pic with everyone. Please tell me how to do this?
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fuji apples cut up and sprinkled with cinnamon. You can also throw in some walnuts.