Any 40 year Olds out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I just turned 48 last week. I have been (sorry tmi) peri meno for about 3 years. I have to admit and ladies do not cut me down too much for this, but when I was able to just lose some minimal weight, I was able to start being psychically capable of exercise and yes picking up some weights (i thought this was just for the men out there). Being able to be psychically fit has made me "more capable" and this peri stuff is now a breeze.

So at first the weight is a little harder, but if you stick to your calorie deficit and can incorporate time and a strategy to get physically fit, it does get easier. When you get to 10 pound left to loose these (what I call my vanity pounds) these are little more difficult cause you want to lose these slower as this help you with working into maintenance the right way. But if you just stay the course, fat loss is possible. And I am still a work in progress and no days go by where I am not doing what I have to do to keep at it.

Ladies you can do this, every single one of you.. takes some commitment, diligence and patience. :)
  • Sea_Witch
    Sea_Witch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Jdkbs wrote: »
    40 year old stay at home mom. I have more weight to lose this time. I get easily frustrated if I don't see the scale moving quickly and if I slip up and eat too many calories. I need to develop more patience and trust the process. Eat less, move more. I think its a confidence thing. I don't trust that I know what I'm doing and give up easily.

I guess this is the work I need to commit to daily.

This is me. The older I get the less I feel like I know what I'm doing. What worked in the past doesn't work as well now and I get impatient and frustrated. I feel like it takes 12 weeks to lose 10 pounds (if that!) but can gain it all back in one week.
  • Sea_Witch
    Sea_Witch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I just turned 48 last week. I have been (sorry tmi) peri meno for about 3 years. I have to admit and ladies do not cut me down too much for this, but when I was able to just lose some minimal weight, I was able to start being psychically capable of exercise and yes picking up some weights (i thought this was just for the men out there). Being able to be psychically fit has made me "more capable" and this peri stuff is now a breeze.

So at first the weight is a little harder, but if you stick to your calorie deficit and can incorporate time and a strategy to get physically fit, it does get easier. When you get to 10 pound left to loose these (what I call my vanity pounds) these are little more difficult cause you want to lose these slower as this help you with working into maintenance the right way. But if you just stay the course, fat loss is possible. And I am still a work in progress and no days go by where I am not doing what I have to do to keep at it.

Ladies you can do this, every single one of you.. takes some commitment, diligence and patience. :)

This is very inspiring. If you don't mind me asking, How much weight did you lose? And when did you start to feel lighter, making working out easier? I have 30 pounds to lose and I swear those 30 pounds sometimes feel like I'm dragging around 100.
  • cxbush
    cxbush Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. 43 next week and it is a bummer. Hormones go wacky and the weight sticks to all the wrong places.

The best thing I can tell you is stick with the running. Eventually your body realizes you mean it and something clicks on in there that says "ok, let's burn some extra today". That extra will turn into lost pounds!
  • kimmostime
    kimmostime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and work 12 hr night shift and since starting that shift have put on about 20 lbs. I was already overweight so this didnt help. I lost weight doing the no/low carb but I can't keep it off. I am trying to get back on track and it is so difficult. I have started going to the gym but struggle with my hours for eating.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and in SERIOUS denial that I will be entering my 50s in just 7 months. I mean. I cannot even believe it - dude, when my mom was 50 she was OLD.

Anyhow. I lost close to 100lbs back in the 90s when my kids were little and it was soooooooo much easier! I gained back about 60 and am about 15 lbs away from being back there again!! (** happy dance **). But heck, it's taking forever! Like, 3 WEEKS to lose a pound, and I weigh E V E R Y T H I N G and exercise mostly every day. But, I know where I want to be, I'm patient and I know that I will get there.

You will, too!!! <3