Need some advise...stuck

Options
I need some advise, been so happy with this site and following my progress, and watching what I eat..but I seem to be stuck for the last couple of weeks. And I'm under my calorie goal everyday. What else can I do? I'm getting more than 1200 , but I stay under 1525. I was doing really well at first, now I'm at a plateau. thanks.

ann

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There are several tricks that can help break plateaus. Try eating 200 calories more for 2 weeks. Try eating 200 calories less for 2 week. Try "zig-zaging" your calories. Try a new form of exercise or hit the weights a little harder. Try working out twice a day. Basically you just have to change something. Your body has you figured out. It doesn't want to lose weight. It's figured out what you are doing and adjusted for it in a way that maintains your body weight.
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    Simply confuse your body. I know people who've been stuck and a weekend splurge will help their body get back on track. Also confuse your body with your workouts. Don't do the same stuff all the time and this way your body won't get use to it.
  • reallyfatguy
    reallyfatguy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try to switch up your exercise routine by either doing something different or at a different time.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I found during my main "weight loss mode," that if I had a cheat meal, I almost always lost weight again after that. If you haven't upped your calories once or twice lately, do so. The other posters had great ideas too!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Agreed.. switch your cal intake and your exercises up a little!
    Good luck!
  • OliveJuice821
    Options
    Increase physical activity. You've lost enough weight where you're current physical activity level is enough to maintain your current weight. Either cut back more on calories, which isn't all that great if you're near 1200 everyday like me, or increase your cardio. Try to get in 30-60 minutes of cardio a day. Going for a brisk walk (3.5mph) does wonders, believe it or not; And you don't have to eat back the calories you burn. I almost never do and I'm losing weight at a healthy rate.
  • sweetad
    sweetad Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow...these are some great ideas. I've always been afraid to go 'over'...but since I've been so hungry lately..maybe that 's what I need to do... I don't know. I'll try it. Thanks.
    Ann