Down in the dumps...

Options
Today I tried some dresses on for my Birthday next week.
I knew it wasn't going to be an enjoyable task.

Every dress I tried on didn't fit and I looked like a sack of s**t in them all. Normally I would get home, feel sorry for myself and eat salt & vinegar chip-sticks until I felt even worse about myself. Instead today, I had a tuna salad with homegrown tomatos, carrots, lettuce and anchovies.

It's a really crappy feeling to know that nothing fits me at the moment but I know I can do this.

So can you :) that's why we're all here. If you're in the same boat as me, don't be too sad, tomorrow is another day x

Replies

• lovesbirds5484
    lovesbirds5484 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling really well. I hate shopping so much.
  • stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was trying dresses on last night for a cocktail event I was invited to for Friday evening. I felt uncomfortable in most but I didn't let it get me down and I reminded myself that two weeks ago this dress wouldn't have fit at all.

Great way to stay positive! Just think in a few weeks those dresses will be too big!
  • mandee201023
    mandee201023 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you not eating out of being sad but still making a healthy choice! I do this too when I'm feeling sorry for myself some times. Just remember that you don't look like crap. You've worked hard to get where you are and you are beautiful. You will continue to make progress but until then, wear something you feel amazing in and have a great birthday!
  • SammyD242
    SammyD242 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You made me laugh while I nodded. I know the feeling, the frustration and self-loathing. And I'm SO proud of you for handling it like a rock star!!
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good on you for eating well, as I eat after trying on clothes too. Your last sentence was wonderful and made me smile :smile: