TIRED OF BEING TIRED!

Options
Hello I'm new to this program and I would like to express my concerns with having low self confidence and the youthful drive I once practiced. I'm a Navy Veteran and I've come to the conclusion that my depression issues are related to my weight gain and hopefully I'll challenge my food intake with the help of the members associated with myfitnesspal. My message Board is open to anyone with sound advice or suggestions that will help in accomplishing my weight goal of 190lbs by JUNE 1, 2012. My commitment will continue to grow with the help of YOU, THANKS AND LET'S STAY STRONG FOR EACHOTHER.

Replies

• camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i know the depressed feeling all to well. but just starting out, i would recommend working on your calorie counting and portion control. start with small things to work towards your big goal.

like we say in my mk unit(it's actual the theme of our unit) b.o.s.s. ~ building on small successes. without the small successes, you can't have the large goal!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an absolutely positive supporting place to be! The best advice I can give you is to stick to it and stay positive. Stick to a routine work out and don't let the days you decide to eat a cookie bring you down (I have some of those every now and then, lol!). Also make small changes at a time, getting rid of anything cold turkey rarely ever works.

Good luck to you : ))
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I too have depression issues... believe me it's been a very rough road. I am determined to lose the weight and I am not going to let anyone or anything get in my way. Once I got my mind set on this, I started out by walking around the neighborhood, but that wasn't getting it. I noticed one of my neighbors walking and asked her to come get me when she was going, but that didn't work out because of the time schedule. Anyway, God heard my prayers. Our local Y had a program that allowed us to come in to workout free for a full month and if you joined by the end of the month they waived the joiners fee. I am disabled and live on a fixed income so joining had always been out o the question. They have a scholarship program so I applied and got in! Since I have started exercising I feel so much better! I'm not so depressed anymore and I have so much more energy. It feels good to be doing something good for yourself. When I started going I could only do 5 minutes on the treadmill, but have worked up to 15 minutes and increased my level of speed from 1.4 to 2.2. It really feels good to build stamina and strength. I've got a long ways to go, but small steps are going to get me there and it will work for you too. A friend said to me recently... remember Dory in Finding Nemo and just keep swimming... keep swimming. I think of that every time I start to get a little discouraged. Just keep taking those steps!
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The title of your post "Tired of being tired" caught my eye, because if you read my profile, that is one of the reasons I started my fitness program. I'm just a little older than you (53) but was feeling like 70 with achy knees and having to rest after 2 flights of stairs. I just became a grandmother and I want to be in shape to run after her when she starts to toddle. I have to tell you that eating right for the last 6 weeks has made a tremendous difference already. The 18 lbs I have taken off is a drop in the bucket for what I need to lose, but I am surprised by how much better I feel, how much more energy I have. And I've been getting great support, inspiration and ideas here. So good luck, and if you need an online friend, feel free to add me.
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    Tired of being tired is also what caught my eye. I'm always exhausted! Also have a lot of Anxiety/Depression issues. You will find a lot of support here. I'm going to add you as a friend. Lets do this!