Burned out!

Options
Ayeeeee. Im so burned out! I just worked out on saturday with a friend and i felt guilty afterwards because i was SO not into it!! I was being such a whiner (well i usually whine during workouts but not in such a negative way) Im tired of eating vegetables, chicken and fish.
Im tired of feeling scared im going to gain weight if i eat a potato, a weight watchers ice cream, or even 1 tbspn of PB with an apple. I am scared of all those things, really!
Im burned out of waking up at the crack of dawn to workout. I seriously get anxiety when im about to run, and I have no idea WHY!

I am excited/scared/I dont know how I feel about the Warrior dash in a week..

Ive lost 45 pounds since jan3rd, and im officially halfway through my weightloss with 45 pounds to go.

I still think I look like crap.
What do you guys do to keep motivated, and whats a great place to find recipies that are still low fat/low cal, etc?

Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    First of all - I don't think you should be worried about eating anything. You should be able to eat anything your heart desires as long as you portion it right. If this is going to be a new lifestyle, you can not live eating the same things every day and worry about eating the things you like. If you dread working out, it's time to try something new. I was tired of walking, so I bought the zumba game for the wii - what a workout! Try not to get discouraged - you can do this!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I read something to this effect once, and it's true....."It's so hard to make needed changes to lose weight. It's so hard to work daily to maintain a healthy weight range. It's so hard to move through the day carrying extra weight. Pick your "hard"."

Maybe focus on the positive long term gains in energy and health, and maybe that will make the workouts easier to manage? Sometimes I imagine Jillian Michaels up in my face, telling me to give it more!

For your food, try some new recipes or new foods....... Maybe take a break from losing and choose to maintain awhile. Just don't give up on yourself !! Remind yourself how bad you'll feel if you go backward from your hard work!
  • greenmisty
    greenmisty Posts: 24
    Options
    Mix up your workouts. Do something fun outdoors while the weather is nice. I found this website that offers a lot of flavourful dishes for low calorie meals that are filling. Its skinnytaste.com. I've tried a few recipes off there and they've been great. One favorite is the asian glazed drumsticks. So good. Served with steamed rice and steamed broccoli, the whole meal was about 300 calories. And eat whatever you want. Just portion it and count it.
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine, and stop feeling guilty! I know it's easier said than done. Trust me--I've had nightmares where I've gone over my calorie count. It's definitely a big change, and that might be the source of the anxiety. But take it one day at a time. Definitely try other ways to exercise--google different exercises just to see what's out there, same with recipes.
  • Beeger79
    Beeger79 Posts: 7
    Options
    Don't give up!!! It's hard to make lifestyle changes, but they're worth it in the end. Look how far you've come, you are doing so great.
    And an indulgence every once in a while won't hurt. It kinda helps me, cause once I get my treat I lose the desire to go nuts and have a chocolate party. A couple hundred calories of Twix is better than a couple thousand calories of Bear Claw Ice Cream!

Also, I got Just Dance 2 for Wii and it has a cool feature that lets you track "Sweat Points". It's so much fun, I forget I'm excercising. Plus, if you're Wii system is hooked up to the Net, you can download new songs to help ya get'cha freak on! I don't know if they cost anything, cause my system isn't hooked up, but I just thought I'd mention it.

You can do this, just hang in there!