Screaming children, crabby hubby, and a pint of ice cream

Options
*Breathe in, Breathe out*

As the subject states, at this very moment my youngest son is screaming at the top of his lungs, and my oldest is flopping around in his bed, doing his very best to go to bed nicely after a HORRIBLE day. On top of this, my hubby has been crabby all day.

All I want to do is go to my freezer, grab the Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, go sit on the couch and eat it all. Sigh. But, for the first time in weeks, I'm not going to. Even though it's REALLY tempting (as the screaming literally continues).

I could use some more friends - anyone else who is fighting the urge to eat a pint of ice cream, friend me! :smile:

Replies

• Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting over a week to not give into ice cream. I understand about that kind of household. Make me want to scream also. I just try to remember how much better I feel since I gave up the ice cream. I sometimes will go have a piece of toast with natural jelly on it to at least help the sweet tooth attack.
    Also gum! half a peice sometimes saves me from major disaster.
    Hang in there!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I had a house full of screaming non-napping cranky kids.... I almost downed every bite of skinny cow cups in the fridge!!! I decided to turn on a workout to drown the noise out lol!! Hope your evening gets better... for me its 2.5 hours till bedtime and I will be in heaven!
  • jenell1
    jenell1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'll friend you, just go take a warm bath and try to relax!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    This sounds bad, but the wife and son are going on an inlaww camping trip for 4 days and I am staying home.............A quiet house all to myself for 4 days.........WOOOHOOOO.....................

I love them both to death by quality time is great too
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Now I am having a craving for Peanut Butter Cup ice cream :laugh:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    oooooooooo trust me i know all about that
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This sounds bad, but the wife and son are going on an inlaww camping trip for 4 days and I am staying home.............A quiet house all to myself for 4 days.........WOOOHOOOO.....................

I send my boyfriend home to his parents & my daughter to the beach with mine for 10 days once a year.
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You just describe my entire last week!! Hang in there, honey... you can do this!! I sent you a friend request too!! :wink:
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not craving anything which is good... but hear ya on the screaming kids. My 3YO son has been a pistol all day. I have 1 more hour of total caos, then my sanity can begin.
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. One of my boys refused to nap today and I am plain exhausted. Ice cream is absolutely my biggest vice! Hang in there!
  • Ver0n1ca
    Ver0n1ca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feed the ice cream to the screaming child and see if you can get the crabby hubby to go to bed nicely. LOL! If it was me, I would make a cup of hot tea with an extra stevia and go into the bathroom. Sometimes I find pretending that I am "busy" in there gives me a moment or two to regroup and turning the fan on keeps everyone out. :)
  • jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So I have a recipe that I created by accident one day. I often make smoothies. One day there wasn't much there, just some very ripe bananas that I had frozen. So here it is.

1 FROZEN ripe banana
    1 cup of skim milk
    2 ice cubes
    cocoa powder (to taste, I usually use one heaping spoon. The spoon people use to stir tea, eat ice cream, etc.)

Blend it all together. It's not exactly like ice cream, more liquidy, but I also put mine in the freezer for a bit once and it seemed to start to thicken up. Not sure, but you can all try messing around with that. And since a cup of skim milk has around 100 calories and same with a banana and a table spoon of cocoa powder has about 20 calories, you have a big portion that's about 220 calories.

Hope this helps :)
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It must be cranky kid and hubby day! My daughter was cranky off and on and so was her daddy! Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to send them
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options

I understand where your coming from, we are supposed to go see my inlaws next weekend and I've been thinking about staying home alone and enjoying some quiet time :)

My kids (4 & 13) have been driving me crazy since school ended......I've turned to ice cream several times this week :- /
  • ThatAnneGirl
    Options
    I totally get it... I'm an emotional eater, and my kids send me packing to the freezer almost every day.... I stand there looking at the dangerous treats, trying to decide which way I want to go. Sometimes the treats win. Sometimes I do. I like the idea of a cup of tea and hiding in the bathroom.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Just push through it....they will sleep eventually...and you can regain your sanity. I have a crazy 7 year old on my hands who was extra crabby today. No hubby...but a sort of bf...who is being weird and it's making me stress. I just keep reminding myself that tomorrow will be better and that having today will only add to my lifes journey...good or bad.
    Once the kids are in bed...go take a bath, go for a run, read a magazine or book...do something for yourself so you can just bliss out for 30 minutes. Hopefully the hubby will wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow (I do believe men have PMS, lol).
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream is my WEAKNESS I love it my favorite literally that would be hard too I can only buy it for special treat nights for the family and it has to be gone that night or Ill be in trouble LOL Add me as a friend if you want and I know what you me when the family is like that I have 3 kids and a crabby husband at times! Good Luck and God Bless!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Totally. We're on winter school holidays and despite the beautiful sunshine, no UV danger and warm temperatures the eldest just will not go and find his mates, instead the 'sport' has been sister baiting.

Screech screech, whinge whinge, wail, maul, whack, scratch, pinch,

And they're off again. Give me strength. And if that doesn't work a sound proof cell.
  • Ver0n1ca
    Ver0n1ca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jeffwalsh: I love this recipe but if you leave out the milk and it will have the consistency of ice cream! I have never thought about adding cocoa powder to it--YUM. I have added a little peanut butter which is delicious.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    So I have a recipe that I created by accident one day. I often make smoothies. One day there wasn't much there, just some very ripe bananas that I had frozen. So here it is.

1 FROZEN ripe banana
    1 cup of skim milk
    2 ice cubes
    cocoa powder (to taste, I usually use one heaping spoon. The spoon people use to stir tea, eat ice cream, etc.)

Blend it all together. It's not exactly like ice cream, more liquidy, but I also put mine in the freezer for a bit once and it seemed to start to thicken up. Not sure, but you can all try messing around with that. And since a cup of skim milk has around 100 calories and same with a banana and a table spoon of cocoa powder has about 20 calories, you have a big portion that's about 220 calories.

Hope this helps :)

Frozen bananas with or with out cocoa or peanut butter pureed in a blender or food processor is fantastic, its kinda like soft serve ice cream. :)