Caloric deficit of 1000 vs 500

Options
2»

Replies

• OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    As side advice and almost as important find a way to accurately measure those calories for example a food scale vs measuring cups. I started eating pre measured foods like health choice steamers or whatever cuase being off a few calories here and there adds up. All watch your sodium intake and other macros. As having proper calories but to little protein or too much carbs or sodium can off kilter.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    We are basically the same weight. I have between a 750-500 cal deficit. 1000 is far too little for me. My TDEE is around 2600, I eat around 1850-2000 calories a day. I think the goal should be eating as MUCH as you can while still losing at a steady pace!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple, set MFP to lose 1 pound a week and do exactly what it says. Once you get in a good groove adjust accordingly.
  • ange9482
    ange9482 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great responses thanks guys!!

Just for the record my TDEE is 2650. Ive been tracking everything with a scale and counting my cals and macros. Ive been eating between 1500 to 2000 calories a day including my cheat meal on sundays.

When in close my diary it say youll be ay 197lbs in 5 weeks.... that always makes me want to stick to the higher deficit at 1000 to get down a little quicker and then adjust when my weight goes back down.

I literally gained 15 lbs in 1.5 months... i was 195lbs at the beginning of august..

-Ange