677 calories

Options
Help! I'm going to bed in an hour and I still have 677 calories left! I ate great all day and didn't exercise. What to do? I really want some of the kids fruity pebbles... Help! I like to get within 100 of my calories each day but I don't want to eat something I'll regret later.

Replies

• RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? If not, go to bed.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nuts high in calories a glass of milk or two
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You can go ahead and treat yourself or you could just stay under. One day either way is not going to hurt you. Do want you want to do. Don't feel guilty about one day.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i would have me a BA bowl of them :D
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry go to bed. If you feel like you could eat, have a spoonful of peanut butter. Healthy fat and protein.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    thats a lot under to say you ate 'great' all day..are you typically a lot under?

i say have the cereal if you want it!! im a sucker for a bowl of my kids cereal haha
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    protein shake, almonds, peanut butter on an apple. etc
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If you have that many calories and sugar for the day and you want the fruity pebbles with low fat milk then go for it and you'll still be under calories, enjoy and then go to bed
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    have a spoonful of peanut butter...that'll give you 200 calories and throw in a banana (120 or so) and call it a night! Fruity Pebbles have HFCS and will just make you crave sweets later...AVOID THE SUGARY CEREAL!!!
  • tartan140
    tartan140 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are at less than 1200 calories for the day, eat some lowfat ricotta or an egg or something else that has a good balance of protein with other nutrients, don't carbo-load. If you are north of 1200 calories you are fine and as RollinDawg suggested, go to bed.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't sweat it. You'll be hungry in the morning.

I don't buy the "starvation mode" especially if it's one freakin day.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you want some of the cereal go for it.
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry go to bed. If you feel like you could eat, have a spoonful of peanut butter. Healthy fat and protein.

I was 616 under my calories today, and wasn't hungry, either. However, I did get a little hungry, so had a mozzarella string cheese and 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter. I'm still under my calories & my tummy is content. However, like others have said, if you're not hungry, then don't force it. One day is being really under isn't going to do any harm.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    meh, why not have some fruity pebbles? If you're still under, I see no reason to regret it! A healthy diet DOES include treats. Listen to your body and see what it wants, maybe nothing at all?
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was on the go a lot today and didn't snack as much as I usually do. I had lots of fruits and veggie, yogurt, a granola bar, hummus, red meat for dinner. I didn't feel hungry all day. Also, because of my starting weight and lifestyle, I get 1700 calories and try to stay around 1500 even if I don't earn extra with exercise. I am not starving but I know if I don't eat before bed I'll be starving at 3 am. But peanut butter on a whole wheat pita sounds good...
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    Why eat if you aren't hungry? It's a lot easier to omit eating calories than to have to burn them later! :)