Any Native Americans in this community?

Options
Just curious how many Native Americans are in this fitness community, or if any at all.

Replies

• yesimsassy
    yesimsassy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi.. :) I'm Native American. Quapaw, Cherokee. Hope you're having a great day!
  • foreversuperawesome
    Options
    I've been told I am the last generation of native in my family (so watered down now) but never inquired tribe and such. Would love to learn more but don't know where to start.
  • monaleerez
    monaleerez Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yesimsassy wrote: »
    Hi.. :) I'm Native American. Quapaw, Cherokee. Hope you're having a great day!

That's awesome!
    Yes it was a great workout day for me.
    Thanks..
  • monaleerez
    Options
    zeaxm wrote: »
    0.7% checking in!

Ohh wow....
    Thanks for replying..
  • monaleerez
    Options
    I've been told I am the last generation of native in my family (so watered down now) but never inquired tribe and such. Would love to learn more but don't know where to start.
    That would be really nice for you to find out you family's history..
    Thanks for replying.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    100% Plains Cree from SE Saskatchewan, Canada...
  • RavenLibra
    Options
    and the Op would be???
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My great-great grandmother was 100% Cherokee. And somewhere down the line I've been told I have some Blackfoot heritage.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1/4th Cherokee here! Yay for the Native American MFPals!
  • monaleerez
    Options
    Ohh wow! Thanks everyone for replying, good to know Im nnot the only Native on this site.My tribes are Hopi, Tewa, and Santo Domingo Pueblo and a lil Mexican.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Metis from Eastern Canada though we were just recognized and lots still don't see Metis as First Nations.
  • monaleerez
    Options
    I would love to have all of you as 'friends' on this site if ya'll dont mind. :)
  • monaleerez
    Options
    Metis from Eastern Canada

Wow,Iv never heard of that tribe.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    not sure of the percentage but I have Mohawk,Iroquois and Algonquin running through my veins(family was from canada/upstate ny area mostly)
  • singingflutelady
    edited September 2016
    Options
    monaleerez wrote: »
    Metis from Eastern Canada

Wow,Iv never heard of that tribe.

It's a mixed race group (first Nations women- in my case mi'kmaq and European men- in my case Acadian who married, etc back in the colonial, early settlers day). It took forever to be recognized because of this but most tribes aren't pure blood anymore anyways.
  • RavenLibra
    Options
    tribes = bands at least in my neck of the woods... and the "dilution" you are generalizing is not quite as prevalent as you would lead th efolks of this board to believe.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am Luiseño from Southern California.
  • monaleerez
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    tribes = bands at least in my neck of the woods... and the "dilution" you are generalizing is not quite as prevalent as you would lead th efolks of this board to believe.

Ok, I think I know what. You mean.
  • singingflutelady
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It depends on where you live @RavenLibra. I live in a city with a reservation in the middle of it and I taught at the school and there were plenty of blond, blue eyed children but as I said the reserve is in the middle of the city and not isolated at all. Oh I used tribes as that was what the op was using but we use bands too.
    RavenLibra wrote: »

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I don't have NA lineage to my knowledge, but I worked in a DNA lab for a while and we did some DNA testing for people wanting to be added to the rolls without having a tribe member vouch for them. It was really interesting, sensitive work for all involved. I don't know how the cases turned out, it was tricky.