Oatmeal

Options
How many grams is a serving of cooked oatmeal.

Replies

• caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am not sure how many grams is a serving of oatmeal. I am guessing, but perhaps you can check that out online. Do a search for it and see what you find out. Might help you.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Normally 25-30g is a normal serving :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    For my oatmeal, 30 grams dry = 60 grams cooked for a serving. Your oats may have a different serving size, but I believe doubling the dry weight will give the proper cooked weight. Calories don't change unless you're adding things with calories.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much liquid you used and what kind of liquid. I can make cooked oats weight 60 grams or 100 grams depending on how much water I use!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Why not weigh them dry? Do you have package information? Prepared weight is going to be an estimate, although double is a good rule of thumb.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I weigh them dry and use the calorie count on the box. I only use water when cooking them and I weigh and log anything I add such as bananas, nuts, raisins, hey I'm getting hungry for oatmeal...
  • rhauser44
    rhauser44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For Quaker oats the dry weight serving size is found on the container, 40 grams. That same serving size can be found in MFP.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    For every box of plain oats I have ever seen, 40g dry is one serving.