Best type of Fitbit?

Options
I'm thinking of buying a Fitbit. I'm not particularly interested in sleep or anything like that, I just want to know how many calories I burn. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Speaking from experience, I like the One better than the Charge. The wrist-worn ones dramatically overestimate steps. By 20-40% in my testing.

Plus the One never gave anyone a rash or open sores.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It does exaggerate the steps until you put your custom stride measurement in....I have a Charge HR and a Blaze :)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I had 3 Fitbit Ones. Trouble is I'd use it every day, and occasionally I'd forget it was in my pocket and put it through the wash. Every six months or so.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. Before that I had the Zip, which was fine except I had battery drain issues with three of them. Even though the company replaced them, after the third one died, I went with the One. It does measure sleep, but I don't use that feature. It does measure stairs climbed which I like. The nice thing with this for me is that I can clip it to my bra and just forget about it.

Like one of the posters above, I did have to figure out my custom stride, which wasn't too hard to do.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like the One. It gives you steps, calories, floors, and more. I don't like wearing something on my wrist all the time, so this is perfect. Had mine 2+ years with no issues.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Blaze. I use the heart rate feature all the time and am a big fan. I had the Charge HR for a year and I am liking the Blaze so much better.
  • MichaelJSwann
    MichaelJSwann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Fitbit One. It only counts steps, not arm movements.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    One or Zip

I like the more subtle readout on my zip ..no lights
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    24 hour wrist wearables are a marketers dream ...and not an improvement over the non HRM versions
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I started off with the zip and recently upgraded to the Alta. They both work great, the Alta just has a few extra handy dandy features. Neither has a Heart Rate monitor which doesn't interest me anyway.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    One moe thing about the One... it lasts a long time. You'll be constantly chargin the wrist ones.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge 2 and really like it.

• ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge, right on accuracy with heart rate and calories burned during workout (compared with my polar heart rate monitor)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the One. It's invisible and I don't even know I'm wearing it, it seems to be pretty accurate based on the last year for me, it tracks steps/distance and floors, the battery lasts weeks for me, and a year later it's as good as the day I bought it. I loooove not having to wear it on my wrist.
  • louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love my charge HR and current waiting for the charge HR2 to be delivered. I don't think it over estimates at all. You may think you won't use the other features but they do become very addictive. My husband has just bought the surge after listening to me for the pass year. He said he only wanted to monitor his heart rate while playing squash. He is now using all the features.
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Blaze and really enjoy it. As for overestimating steps, I set it for my dominate arm and then wear it on my non-dominant arm. This way it is far less sensitive to "counting" steps when you are walking or jogging.
  • FindingCynSporation
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. Use it less for sleep and food tracking (hence why I joined MFP today!), but I find it to be accurate with my heart rate and calorie burn counting during exercise. I used to enter exercises into websites to see how many calories I burned during my workouts, but I was surprised when Fitbit said based on my heart rate, it was actually only about 60% of what I thought I was burning. Which lead to a higher listed calorie output, so I was eating more thinking I had burned more calories. The Charge HR was a good wake up call!