Weigh day

Options
Ive decided to weigh weekly now instead of everyday as i was just obsessed with losing weight but now ive realised weighin everyday im not gonna c a difference so decided to do it weekly and not once have i been tempted to step on the scales!!
My weigh days on a satday and im so nervous as to what its gona say ive been really good with my diet, calorie intake and exercise so far this week im really hoping i have a weight loss even if its just 1lb

Replies

• _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :smile:

I have a bit of a scale obsession and have weighed myself daily and more frequently than that in the past, but found that whatever the scale said dictated how happy or sad I was for the day, and that's no way to live.

I've decided that I'm only going to weigh myself every 30 days now. I'm on day 13 and so far so good! I'm sticking to my diet and exercise plan and I can visibly see the difference! I have no idea if the scale is up, down or the same, but I'm glad I don't because it doesn't actually matter when my clothes are fitting more comfortably and I feel stronger!

If you know you're diet plan is good, and you're sticking to it most of the time, and the scales don't change at the end of the week, try not to fret, as I'm sure you know from daily weighing weight fluctuates randomly sometimes, and there will occasionally be a day when you're up a pound or two or even more, so if you know you're doing the right thing food and exercise wise and it doesn't go down, remember it's probably just one of those days and next week you might get a bigger drop! Only re-think your diet plan if it's staying the same for a few weeks, don't panic after one unwanted reading!

Hope you do well :smile: to prevent me using my scales earlier than the next weigh in day I have stuck a post it note over the digital display with the date that I can next weigh myself on, it's working so far so I recommend it!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I started off weighing weekly, now weighing daily. I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter what you do, as long as it is comfortable. There is advantages and disadvantages, you have to weigh them up.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Weigh day today and have only lost half a pound! I feel so disappointed as ive tried so hard this week doing at least 30mins of exercise and sticking to daily calories! I no a loss is better then a gaun but was hoping for more!
    I hope u"s do well with ur journey
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I weigh daily. It's almost a competition between my husband and I. Somehow, he loses so much more and doesn't really do anything(outside of work) meanwhile, I bust my butt and the scale goes up! I was thinking of going weekly, but I worry that the disappointment would upset me for the whole week.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Im like that too lol, my hubby only has to look at cake and he loses weight whereas i work and try do 30mins cardio a day not fair lol