HRM Strap question

myiceisonfire
myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got the Polar Ft4, and I was wondering if there's any way to clean the chest strap?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    bump
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    You should rinse and dry the strap after each use and about once a week wash in mild detergent and hang up to dry---no dryer.. this is from the web site.
  • myiceisonfire
    You should rinse and dry the strap after each use and about once a week wash in mild detergent and hang up to dry---no dryer.. this is from the web site.

Thank you very much! =)
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    I rinse mine and then hang it on my clothing rack to dry. I have also washed it in the washer machine and then again hung it on my clothing rack to dry.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    I've done all those things - plus sometimes I spray it with some lysol spray.
  • myiceisonfire
    I rinse mine and then hang it on my clothing rack to dry. I have also washed it in the washer machine and then again hung it on my clothing rack to dry.

Wouldn't the washer ruin the strap and make it not work anymore?
  • madmaxine
    madmaxine Posts: 2
    This is directly from the Polar Service Center website. Hope this helps.

WearLink Strap
    The strap can be washed in a washing machine at 104 °F/ 40 °C.
    It is necessary to use a washing pouch. We recommend that you rinse the strap after each time you have used it in pool water with high chlorine content.
    :happy: Do not spin-dry the strap or put the strap in a dryer! Do not iron the strap!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    I toss mine in the washer every week. I picked up a little mesh bag to put it in. The book says not to use fabric softener. I then hang it to dry. Been doing it for months, still works great. Keep in mind this is the fabric Wear Link strap with the removable transmitter, NOT the T31 plastic strap.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Oh my gosh!!! As I read your post - I realized I'd just thrown my in the dryer....had to go rescue it!!!! That's the bad thing about washing it in the washer...Hand was is def better...LOL :blushing:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    The washer won't ruin the strap.. but it will ruin the transmitter, so make sure you take that off before you wash it.

I have the Polar FT7 and I've been washing my strap in the washer and so far so good. It actually makes it work better because it gets off all the dirt and what not. I just put mine on the gentle cycle with my workout clothes and detergent only.. no fabric softener.
This discussion has been closed.