Calorie free / low calorie indulgence

shellyld2016
shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
I am wondering what some of your calorie free / low calorie indulgences are. Getting healthier can be fun. So share what you love to treat yourself with. I love herbal teas and flavored coffee( suger free), diet soda, or a new nail color.

Replies

• shellyld2016
    Lol! Took me a minute to see the comma there! I was seeing that all wrong! Those are good ones! How do I add that to my calorie counter?
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    It's hard to see 'indulgence' next to calorie free/low calorie, for me to be honest, BUT I've recently gotten back into drinking coffee. Well, it was an olfactory hallucination and craving of caffeine (that my curious self looked into)....and story cut short, I've managed to get my coffees down to 30 calories.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited September 2016
    Lol! Took me a minute to see the comma there! I was seeing that all wrong! Those are good ones! How do I add that to my calorie counter?

I think your idea is far better than mine and so right

ETA: e'hm, my wife disagrees and said something about bringing home souvenirs. I thought people liked souvenirs?
  • shellyld2016
    I guess I used to feel the same. I really think of an indulgence as something you don't need so much as something that makes reaching your goals or your life more enjoyable. I have in the past bought new exercise DVDs or workout clothes at a milestone. Personally I do enjoy working out and variety helps.
    I have bought music to workout to or a new recipe book that fit into my plan.
    Those little things in life that I either enjoy or that free me up to do what I want. Those types of things are my rewards.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Hiking, yoga and at the end the day a good IPA. Ahh
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Cabernet, Merlot, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Rose, or Chardonnay.
  • shellyld2016
    I guess as long as you are counting those calories, those things really add up fast.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    I drink happily a lot of herbal tea too. With sweeteners.
  • shellyld2016
    I have at times added sweetener but have found some I love without. I'm a pretty big coffee addict, but have always loved herbal tea too.
  • Rosiemozo
    Rosiemozo Posts: 6 Member
    sugar free jelly
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Sugar free jello is nice as a very low calorie alternative. I also like light hot cocoa lately because it's getting a bit cold in the evening (just some low fat milk, cocoa powder and sweetener for about 120 calories total). Kitkat, the 2 finger ones for 100 calories. I also buy those 4 cookie Oreo packages, discard the cream (I don't like it) and eat the cookies - 80 calories total for all 8 cookies. I drink all kinds of teas all day every day, but that's nothing new. I've always done it. Other than that, what qualifies as a sweet indulgence usually has more calories than is practical on a daily basis.

For savory indulgences I've always been a big fan of vegetables, so at times roasted zucchini and eggplant feel as indulgent as fried potato chips to me and I'm perfectly over the moon happy eating a barley and mushroom risotto as I am eating some rich white sauce pasta. It really depends on what I feel like eating for the day so I either indulge in a low calorie option I love, or make room for a higher calorie option.
  • vigilynn
    vigilynn Posts: 14 Member
    Ricola herbal sweets are just 6 cals each and help with sweet cravings.