Lose the fat

Options
Hi everybody just wondering if anyone has any ideas and best ways to lose body fat quickly. can be supplements, food, drink, shakes, or the best ultimate exercise. any help is better than no help. would love to here from you as i'm on a mission. to get ripped by 42 lol

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    step one: change your expectations
    step two: set S.M.A.R.T. goals
    step three: follow the steps required to meet said goals consistently
    step four: ???
    Step five: profit
  • optiman38
    optiman38 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    well cheers for the advice i will take on board some of the above cheers
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My experience is: Faster = less chance of success.

Best advice:
    • Set a manageable deficit (prob 1lb loss per week)
    • Don't exclude the foods you enjoy but eat them in moderation (within your calories)
    • Weigh and log everything you eat
    • Do some strength exercise to retain as much muscle as possible during weight loss.

Faster = better chance of muscle loss.

I would also add, higher protein (satiety and muscle retention purposes); ~.8-1g per lb of lbm.
  • optiman38
    Options
    well i'm gonna try at first 40 protein 30 carbs 30 fat what do you think ? about 207 grams a day.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    optiman38 wrote: »
    well i'm gonna try at first 40 protein 30 carbs 30 fat what do you think ? about 207 grams a day.

How much do you weigh? Do you know your body fat? What is your current exercise program?
  • optiman38
    Options
    12 stone on the dot, 168 lbs not sure about body fat but i would say i was over 20 but looking to go below 15 to show abs. about 60 mins walk and run. only started today and looking for advise.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    12 stone on the dot, 168 lbs not sure about body fat but i would say i was over 20 but looking to go below 15 to show abs. about 60 mins walk and run. only started today and looking for advise.

Put protein around 140-160g per day. And follow a structured lifting program. If you want to get ripped, cardio is not going to produce nearly the results of a good lifting program. And you are similar stats as me, so i would suspect you would be in the low 2000ish area for calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • optiman38
    Options
    yep 2070 calories a day yes. ok i'll have a look at the link cheers.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    So do 40% carbs, 30% protein/fats. So satiety and energy you can add more fats and reduce carbs if you want. Just depends which fills you up. I also recommend at least 20-30g of fiber for males.
  • optiman38
    Options
    yes i have heard that 25grams to 30grams fiber, need it with all that protein.
  • jofaithisfit
    jofaithisfit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread. It's super helpful! My goal is to lean out and reach an ideal BF as well.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody just wondering if anyone has any ideas and best ways to lose body fat quickly. can be supplements, food, drink, shakes, or the best ultimate exercise. any help is better than no help. would love to here from you as i'm on a mission. to get ripped by 42 lol

You got great advice already. There's nothing else to add.

-appropriate calorie deficit.
    -adequate protein.
    -resistance training.
    -active lifestyle.

Don't throw your money away on supplements or gimmicks. None of that crap works.
  • RossDecker
    RossDecker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've just begun taking an all vegetable based living protein that has 100% bioavailability. It's 17.1 grams of protein with only 91 calories and it's designed to stimulate fat consumption by the body. I've been using it only three days so far
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Jeez mate - do you have a stutter? :wink:

Ditch the supplements, ditch the "fast results" mind-set.
    Add hard training and some patience.

PS - your focus appears to be completely *kitten* about face. Training is where the muscle stimulus for growth comes from. Your overall diet merely supports your training.
    The only mention you have made about your exercise is "60 mins walk and run"!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You got the answer already. Are you giving yourself four years?

You need a lifting program.
  • sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Low Carb High Fat! w2ce0f8um1v4.png

Little exercise
  • optiman38
    Options
    well done and look before and after photos great job.