I'm sure I've got lots of company here..

Worked at losing weight forever.. (well after Jr High anyway)..I've been big forever (in my "prime" 6'2" 220)..But after decades of physical work, broken bones, and working through it all (I was tough) then the fat took over.. Just got bigger.. fatter.. and slower and slower.. and gray and older.. worked killer hours and stressful jobs.. of course during this all it was diets, and plans and an unhealthy relationship with food.. lose a bit, gain a bit, never lose it forever.. Now, I have just gotten tired of the plans, the schemes, the fix yourself with this or that.. Type two diabetic.. just never doing what I needed to do to get it really under control.. I've had enough (again),, Eating, Tracking calories, walking during lunch, and hoping that this feeling of immediate control doesn't just go away like it has all my life... I'm here.. I hope there are people here to make me feel like a part of something.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,334 Member
    Welcome! :)

You can absolutely take back your life, no matter your age or weight. There are many people here in their 50s and 60s who have lost hundreds of pounds and became active again.

Post a lot. Ask questions. Be willing to learn from your Food Diary. Log everything you eat.

One day at a time.
  • FozzyNOK
    FozzyNOK Posts: 5 Member
    I love the scan feature for the foods! Thats the greatest thing ever! I am still going for lower end on the carb scale.. I simply cannot tolerate several of my favorites.. Rice? Potatoes? They have to be a thing of the past.. or in VERY limited quantities. Thanks for the welcome.. This is something I need to do.. to be selfish enough to take care or myself is something I have never made allowances for.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,334 Member
    It's not selfish to practice self-care, as a matter of fact it is the greatest gift you can give the world. You don't mention your family but if you have anyone who loves you, the best thing you can do for them is to take care of yourself. Lead by example and create a full life.

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    @Fozzy, welcome! You are far from alone - lots of us here, including me, have the same struggles. Log your food daily - it's enormously helpful! Really helps you track what you're actually eating and keeps you accountable. Make some friends here on MFP (you're welcome to friend me) - the support really helps. And grey you get at least 30 mins of some sort of exercise every day. Before long you'll see the numbers on the scale go down, but far more importantly you'll start too feel more comfortable in your skin. One day at a time...