Fat free ice cream?

Options
Not sure if any of you have heard of Arctic Zero so I figured I would share...

150 calories per pint.

Fat free!
Lactose intolerant friendly!
Gluten free!

It's basically a protein shake in ice cream form.

Each 1/2 cup serving has 37 calories, 6 g of carbs, 5 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber, and 3.4 g of protein.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    tried arctic zero & thought it was vile, and very depressing. They took all the happy out! IMO, if you're going to eat ice cream, get the GOOD stuff. Talenti Gelato & Haagen Dasz 5 both have short, all natural ingredient lists and are worth every calorie.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy do they have different flavors?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it, but the only place around me that sells it is Whole Foods down in the harbor, and I'm not making that trip for that. lol

Alternatively, I could buy it on Amazon and pay out the *kitten* for shipping to keep it frozen.

Perhaps one day Arctic Zero and I will cross paths..
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I tried a spoonful once. It tastes like I imagine sidewalk chalk tastes. :( I agree with DrBorkBork. Just eat a reasonable portion of the real thing. Reeeeeeal ice cream.
  • nmm10
    nmm10 Posts: 12
    Options
    tried arctic zero & thought it was vile, and very depressing. They took all the happy out! IMO, if you're going to eat ice cream, get the GOOD stuff. Talenti Gelato & Haagen Dasz 5 both have short, all natural ingredient lists and are worth every calorie.

Haha it's taken a bit of getting used to! Plus from reading on their website, the whey protein has many health benefits! It feeds the muscles and starves the fat!
  • Someday02
    Someday02 Posts: 8
    Options
    COOOLLL!!! I am going to RAT-TA-TAT-TAT on THAT!!!
  • nmm10
    Options
    sounds yummy do they have different flavors?

Yes! I'm currently eating the chocolate. They also have maple vanilla, mint chocolate cookie, cookies and cream, and more!
  • nmm10
    Options
    I'd love to try it, but the only place around me that sells it is Whole Foods down in the harbor, and I'm not making that trip for that. lol

Alternatively, I could buy it on Amazon and pay out the *kitten* for shipping to keep it frozen.

Perhaps one day Arctic Zero and I will cross paths..

Haha! I saw on their website that you can request it at your local grocery store. They're trying to get it into more stores!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Maybe sorbet could be a alt option also
  • nmm10
    Options
    COOOLLL!!! I am going to RAT-TA-TAT-TAT on THAT!!!

HAHA! Go for it :)
  • jeagirl
    jeagirl Posts: 17
    Options
    It doesn't sound so good but it is worth trying :)
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ARCTIC ZERO! sometimes....i have the whole carton for 150 calories!!! :blushing:
  • nmm10
    Options
    Maybe sorbet could be a alt option also

Yes and frozen yogurt!