October Pull-Up Challenge

Options
Raptorbh12
Raptorbh12 Posts: 56 Member
Get your lats and arms in shape this fall and challenge yourself using the Armstrong pull-up program.
You can follow one of three programs designed for Beginners, Advanced pull-uppers, and women.
The challenge will utilize the program set forth here:
http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/

The group page can be found here:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/116190-october-pull-up-challenge

Replies

• Raptorbh12
    Options
    One week until challenge begins!
  • Raptorbh12
    Options
    Challenge can begin Saturday the 1st of October or Monday, the 3rd of October depending on your schedule.

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @raptorbh12 - thanks for organizing this and giving us the opportunity to work on this aspect of exercise. I am pretty nervous as I cannot do a single pull up. However, I am truly excited to try this training routine and see how effective it can be in one month's time. I look forward to the start of the challenge!! Come on ladies, let's show these men we are not scared to try something so intimidating. As of now, there are 3 ladies committing to the challenge who currently cannot do a single pull up. Let's give it our best shot!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    This challenge starts today, but follows a 5 day training routine, so it easily fits into a Monday- Friday schedule. I am waiting to start until Monday and am kinda getting excited to see if this training can allow me to be able to do a real unassisted pull up some day. Please join us, it's worth a shot!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    There is still time to get in to this pull up challenge. The majority of us are starting it tomorrow and following the Monday- Friday training structure. I'm actually starting to get a little excited to see if by the end of October how many unassisted pull ups I might be able to do, even if it is just one it will be a step in the right direction. Hope to see you there!!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to be a part of this? I did workout 3 last night since it was Wednesday. I'd really like to improve my max pullups and hopefully add some muscle to my back
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm actually interested to join this one, Love chin ups and pull ups. My favourite exercises
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Please join, the more the merrier. I'm gonna need motivation to keep going. These things are tough. I'm doing them in addition to another challenge I am in and in addition to my usual workouts...so far. I would really like to keep this up all month to see if I can actually do real one when all is said and done.
  • mikeyboii82
    mikeyboii82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently started the gym back up in March. Had a crazy work schedule. So i been slowly progressing getting back into the swing of things so i accept your pull up challenge.