Starting over

Options
Last August I decided to lose weight. I started at 260 pounds and worked out everyday. I used MFP to track my calories. I weighed 209 by December. My husband and I separated and then I got the devastating news that my oldest daughter has Autism. So I just gave up. I was always gone to appointments and all I had time to eat was fast food. I weighed myself a while ago and I was 251 pounds again. I started back using MFP and going to the gym for at least an hour 6 days a week. Has anyone else started over?

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Many many times. The difference for me this time is that I am calling this a change in the way that I eat and working out is just part of my routine. I have lost and gained it back more times than I can count. I lost just incorporating calorie counting into my routine- whether I ate out or not, whether I ate a donut or not, and just kept it under my calorie goal. If you find yourself having to eat out due to time constraints just choose wisely- drink water instead of soda, grilled chicken sandwich and no french fries, etc. You can do it. Sorry to hear about your separation and also sorry to hear about your daughter. You have challenges ahead but with the right support you can stay healthy and get back on the weight loss train.
  • annobrien96
    annobrien96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of times hoping this time is the last
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I just restarted my journey 2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me so we can help and support each other :)
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I started over several times. I was 250 pounds for 15 years... quit killing yourself and realize it's going to take a year or more of doing things you can live with. Weight loss is 90% diet (I'd venture to say 100% diet). FITNESS is what you do in the gym. Don't try to burn off a bad diet. Exercising on a calorie deficit is hell... fix your diet first and give yourself time.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have started over many times. Just take it one day at a time. You can do this!
  • bpwolf77
    bpwolf77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started over as well, I got up to 350 last summer, worked my butt off, plateaued at 300 and got a case of the screw its. I just got on the scale today and was up to 325.