Motivation to keep moving

Options
I just need to hear from people and how they stay motivated. I am afraid to burn up energy on exercise when I need it for my daily chores and activities. That is my biggest issue. I have always had a problem with motivation to exercise, always.

Replies

• bigeyd
    bigeyd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Small goals is the key to keep motivated I believe.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    But you don't need to spend hours on it. You can get a good session in 30 mins I am not a fan of exercise but you just get on with it just like anything else in life
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You won't burn up all your energy on exercising for 30 minutes, unless you don't eat enough (which is unhealthy). As for motivation, you gotta find that yourself. Find something you like to do, don't just exercise because you *have* to because you'll just find excuses to not do it easily. I found things I enjoy (kickboxing), and now I actually look forward to a quick session after I get home.

Another way to look at it is to incorporate it into the things you do every day anyways. Go to the store by bike or walk there, instead of taking the car. My work is only about 12km away so I bike my way there every day. It doesn't only save me gas money but I get in 70 mins of exercise on my commute which I'd otherwise spend standing in traffic.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    As you get fitter, by exercising - even 20 minutes a day, you will find that you actually have MORE energy throughout the day - more than enough to get your chores done. I never thought that was true, but sure enough - once my body accepted the fact I am going to workout, I started having a ton more energy! Best of luck! You can do it!!!
  • bloom2015
    bloom2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like all the replies and thank you for taking the time for me. I plan to reread these. BeastField, I have exercised for a year and You are so right, I have more strength and energy. I also count all work s a workout. My big idea is to keep moving. I have found that I like a couple of machines at the gym, and I just would never like the classes and quit classes after 8 months. I have not decided what else to do and I haven't been motivated to do a complete program, but I will get to that soon.
  • juhishringi6
    juhishringi6 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Add me need some freinds
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Tavistock Toad, we all need a reminder about the myth of motivation. I needed to read that today.