Running/walking apps

Options
I use to use Nike+Running app and I loved it. I am not really a runner mind you but I loved the Challenges. I could make something and then challenge friends. There was a 1st, 2nd and so on. Now they have changed things and i don't like it. I actually had a challenge on there for 1000 miles this year and lost my miles when they changed. I am a competitive person and need that. Right now I am trying endomondo. Is there something out there that would give me this? I have tried mapmywalk, map my run, and run keeper.

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I still use Nike Running because I've been using it, but I just wanted to agree with you.. I really dislike it now!
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your going to think I am strange but i even called over it. I was really annoyed that I lost my mile count and challenges. I wasn't going to make the 1000 miles but I was so close and I had worked hard all year
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Strava is an awesome app.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My favorite running app is Zombies, Run! in combination with map my walk. Zombies makes my run funner and pass by more quickly.
  • setaylor86080
    Options
    Oh Lord if it has zombies in it I am doomed lol. I am really scared of them. I couldn't even watch zombie land lol
  • setaylor86080
    Options
    Does Strava have challenges and all that jazz.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Strava has challenges, and you can create them to. It ranks everyone together, then males, females forever, males females for the year. You can create your own segment too, which Hubby and I did in the park by our house. It also has monthly challenges too for distance, elevation, etc...
  • dn0pes
    dn0pes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i use runkeeper
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I use my garmin to track miles for Run The Edge 2016 miles in 2016. I'm also doing the virtual Amerithon, 3521 miles in one year. I'm counting steps for that one (only actually running miles for the 2016 challenge). Check out the Amerithon challenge. You get a cool medal.... :) You can do it solo or form a team. We have a team and challenge eachother for the most steps/miles in the month or week to add to the fun. http://amerithonchallenge.com/
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest Zombies Run as well. You can turn the "zombie chases" off, so it's really up to you how scary you want to make it. The story is good and the actors do a great job making you care about the characters.
  • setaylor86080
    Options
    Thanks for the response I going to check these out!!