Apps that monitor daily weight

Options
FitnessGirl11mfp
FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone,
I weigh in daily and would like suggestions on weight tracking apps. I downloaded "monitor your weight". I've also heard of trendweight and happy scale. I Ike details and I'm a visual person so graphs and other visuals are helpful. Monitor your weight seems to have that, but i just downloaded it so we'll see how it goes. What do all the daily weighers use ?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I used to use Libra, but I have a weird weight loss pattern that seemed to defy its prediction modeling. It started to stress me out so I stopped using it. I'm better at keeping an eye on my own trends.

Bear in mind that I've been at this at long time and am losing weight very slowly at this point.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I use Happyscale. As above though, it can be a bit wonky with the trend because I tend to whoosh once a month. But I tend to ignore that anyway and just monitor the graphs.

I know others use trendweight and I think weightgrapher?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm not an app person, but I wrote this before I noticed that word, so... :p I use Fitbit - I weigh myself daily and log manually, I don't have to watch the trend, but I like to, and Fitbit smooths it out. I have also used Trendweight, but because it's geared towards losing - and I believe it will be great for that (I didn't know about it until I was done) - the weight predictions are useless and annoying when maintaining, so I just open it up once a week to copy last week's numbers and calculate the average in excel.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just built a spreadsheet that I log my daily weight in and it calculates my 7 day average. I put it in a graph. Simple and quick.
  • LasVegasOrange14
    Options
    I have an Aria scale which is the fitbit brand scale which pairs with my fitbit Charge device. They are both hooked into myfitnesspal and it seamlessly tracks weight, steps, and adds the step calories back in. It was easy to set up and it takes a lot of the tedious work out of tracking. All I have to do is come to myfitnesspal and I see it all here.

It cost a few bucks for the fitbit and scale investment, but I have found it totally worth it.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I use "Monitor Your Weight" the maker is Husain Al-Bustan. It's free for android, dunno if it's available for ios. It's very VERY simple. It's basically trendweight without all the bells and whistles. You can put in every weight log you've had up until now, as well as following ones and it keeps a graph and progression stats as well as a very general estimate of further loss.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Happy scale. The prediction for hitting goals doesn't seem to work well because it is basing that off of fluctuations which are constantly changing. I just go by my trending weight biweekly/monthly to get the best idea of where I'm at.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I use Libra :) sometimes its an accurate prediction, sometimes its not. I take it with a grain of salt.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! It's so nice that there's so many apps out there to track weight loss. But I also like the xcel spreadsheet idea too! I can definitely understand to take it with a grain of salt and not obsess though.

Happy tracking everyone :-)
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I also use Monitor Your Weight. Much cleaner and easier to read than Libra.