ANy Nursing Advice?

Options
Hello Everyone,
I'm new here. I need to lose 70lbs but i'm still nursing. Does anyone have an advice. I think my caloric intake should be more because i'm nursing but I couldnt' find anything when I was putting in my information.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you add breastfeeding to your food diary and it gives you back the extra calories. I believe it's 500 calories if breastfeeding exclusively (typically under six months) and 300 calories breastfeeding beyond. Good luck on your journey!
  • Mother4Jesus
    Mother4Jesus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you..I'll do that.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    How old is your baby? If your baby is tiny, then please take the time to heal from your birth and to make sure that you get your nursing relationship well established before you begin to work out.
    If your baby is older, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. Also watch your baby for signs that your milk production is decreasing (i.e. diaper output, or super fussiness at the breast) and regulate your activity level for a day or two until your milk supply adjusts.
    Good luck in losing the weight.
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options
    THank you but he's 4 months old..so i'm healed up. I'll drink more water and keep an eye on him. My milk supply is my first concern.
  • justsarah
    justsarah Posts: 17
    Options
    I also have a 4mo and have found that lots and lots of water is great for me. Pumping an extra time a day keeps up my milk as well.

Nursing means more to me than losing weight, but I think both are possible. :)
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    you add breastfeeding to your food diary and it gives you back the extra calories. I believe it's 500 calories if breastfeeding exclusively (typically under six months) and 300 calories breastfeeding beyond. Good luck on your journey!
    I was just going to say this!

Good luck mama!
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options
    I also have a 4mo and have found that lots and lots of water is great for me. Pumping an extra time a day keeps up my milk as well.

Nursing means more to me than losing weight, but I think both are possible. :)

I have alot of milk, if I pump and bring up my supply, I actually end up with clogged milk ducts. I'm drinking more water...which is good. SO far it hasn't affected my milk supply but i'm still eating.. I'm just making better chioces, and better portions.