My feet are killing me after 30 Day Shred

Options
It's been an hour since I did my first workout with the 30 Day Shred (So Day 1 of Level 1) and my feet are killing me, it hurts to walk around now. Is this typical, will it get better. I don't want to quit, I just want to be able to finish. (If that makes sense) Any suggestions on how to relax my feet afterwards so I can keep going?

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Are you using shoes or bare feet? and your feet are they sore as in they feel tight or achy.

Hot epsom salt foot soak, a rolling pin or something hard that can roll where you put your foot on and it stretches it out.
  • paulagabay
    paulagabay Posts: 96
    Options
    maybe you need different shoes.
  • sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    Options
    I am using a pair of Nike trainers and I bought them like 2 months ago and I love them. My feet aren't in pain, just extremely tight and achy.

I'll try soaking them and see if it helps....maybe make my husband rub them for me haha
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You may need a new workout shoe. When I first started kickboxing my knees were killing me after the workouts and then someone suggested it may be my shoes-they were right:bigsmile:
  • kgorm001
    kgorm001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You may need shoes with better support. If you have "flat feet" or a low arch, there are shoes with gel insoles and better support that may help. I have low arches and have recently developed plantar fasciitis. I had to get inserts (orthotics) for my shoes and better shoes for running (Asics gel, maximum support).
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    it killed my feet when i went barefoot make sure you are wearing shoes I wear the shape ups and love them.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am using a pair of Nike trainers and I bought them like 2 months ago and I love them. My feet aren't in pain, just extremely tight and achy.

I'll try soaking them and see if it helps....maybe make my husband rub them for me haha

Having your hubby rub them sounds like a good plan:bigsmile:
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You might want to do some calf stretches even before the 30 day... be on the lookout for the onset of plantar facitiss. <sp>

Not that 30DS causes it, but that starting exercising itself can cause it without proper stretching. I came down with it because of jumping on the elliptical without proper stretching.
  • sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    Options
    You may need shoes with better support. If you have "flat feet" or a low arch, there are shoes with gel insoles and better support that may help. I have low arches and have recently developed plantar fasciitis. I had to get inserts (orthotics) for my shoes and better shoes for running (Asics gel, maximum support).

I have a high arch.

Anyone have suggestions on a better pair of shoes, I just looked mine up and they're not trainers, they're for walking apparently.
  • rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    huh? This workout didn't have an effect on my feet, but I've had that problem before. My favorite fix was to freeze a bottle of water and roll it under my foot. feels awesome!
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I always do the Shred barefoot:) Never had any problems with my feet hurting. But try some of the suggestions people are giving out, sound like good ideas to me:)