Feeling kinda bummed!

True_angel4ever
True_angel4ever Posts: 43
I have lost 12 pounds so far, the scale shows a decrease in weight, my clothes are getting looser, but i took my 2nd set of pics, and I CANT see any change in the way i look. Does it take more than 12 pounds to really actually SEE a difference? I have been really dedicated throught his whole thing so far, but am depressed after looking at my pics... HELP!!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I think it can take up to 20lbs to really see a difference in ourselves. I didn't really see a difference until around the 20lb mark.

Don't be bummed -- if you're losing and your clothes are loose - then it's working! :)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    How heavy were you to start? When you have a lot to lose or a little to lose you won't see a lot of difference with a 12lb weight loss. Not fair but true. I am 5'3" and I put on 20lbs and my husband had not a clue. I know when I am 10lbs to heavy or when I lose 10lbs but nobody else does.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Cheer up! 12lbs down, way to go! it takes time and some changes aren't noticeable right away but they are there. That is so great that you have lost 12lbs and your clothes are looser! Those facts are something to be proud of. The noticeable changes in pics will come too. Keep up the good work!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    You will get there! I didn't see any difference until 18 pounds. Then it was suddenly awesome.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    depends how your body sheds weight...mine goes from all over at once...so i can't tell a mjor difference til ....like 25 lbs or so, but i lose it evenly and look proportionate...so it's a good thing...stick with it and you will be able to tell ...i promise!
  • don't get discouraged......you're 12 pounds closer. You said it yourself that your clothes are fitting better so that's what is important. Congratulations:)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    wow, I know important pictures are and I am the same as you, I want to look as beautiful as possible. However, you have lost 12 pounds and that should make your inner beauty shine on the outside so maybe you should take a second look!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Pffft! Really? You're your WORST critic! Relax... 12lbs is a dress size! If YOU can't see it on YOU yet, look at your clothing tag, & remember it happened! Put on clothes that WERE tight & turn around in the mirror & notice the places they're now loose.

12lbs is a bit soon for before & after shots. Are you sure you took them in the same outfit? Did you take them in the same lighting? The same distance, & zoom on the camera? There are a HUNDRED factors to consider with photography.

Relax... it'll come. Congrats on the 12lbs though! That's awesome. You've broken the seal... let the floodgates begin! Whoosh! Off pours the rest! Just keep at it!:bigsmile:
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    I would love to be 12 pounds thinner!
  • To Kndlindsey....I originally started out at 193, and am currently down to 180.6... I am 5 ft 5 in. I know it will eventually show, i am just over anxious i think. I have worked so hard to get where i am, i should just be grateful i have lost what ive lost so far.

And a BIG TY to all that have responded, You have made me feel so much better...hugssss to all!:smile:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    I feel exactly the same. Lost 11lb - can't see a huge difference myself as although my clothes are too big the next size down is still too small!

I think another 4/5 lb and I will prob start to notice more
This discussion has been closed.